Lyx/dvips problem

Post by D » Sat, 21 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have Slackware 3.1 (2.0.0), Lyx 0.10.7, gs 4.03. I can print
fine from Netscape and gv. My printre filter runs gs with a list of
options and .ps files print ok.

But I can't seem to print directly from Lyx... I have to
View(ghostview) and print from there. I've read what I can find
on the subject, but no luck. There are 2 options under "Print to:" in
Lyx: "file" and "printer". How do I tell it to print directly
using gs ? Thanks for clues.

1. Latex/dvips/lyx help!

  Hi.  I'm trying to get Lyx working on my Slackwarer 3.0 system.  It seems
to run fine unless I try and print :(.

  The problem seems to be with dvips.  If I tell Lyx to print to the
printer, it runs the document through tex, but dvips stops witha message
about not finding a configuration file for my printer (lp).  BTW, there IS a
printcap entry for lp.  It runs "magicfilter" and I have no problem printing
ascii text or postscript to me HP deskjet.

  Now, if I tell Lyx to print to a file (filename.ps), dvips seems to get a
bit farthur.  However, it still bombs out with a message about not being
able to find a scecific font.  I DO, however, have the font it is looking
for.  The font shows up in /usr/lib/texmf/fonts/tmp/pk/CanonCX, but dvips
can't seem to find it.

  I know almost nothing about how this system is supposed to work, and I
can't figure out where it's even looking for the files it needs.

  If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it.  I've tried installing
every TeX package I could (except the obviously unneeded ones like unusual
fonts.)  I've looked at every man page I could think of.  The dvips man page
says to look in dvips.texi, which I don't have...

                    Mark E. Levitt
    Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University

         Home Page:  http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt

PGP fingerprint =  B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE  F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html

2. sigsetjmp undefined

3. Lyx/dvips and printing: config.Printername

4. ATI Rage Pro Card

5. LyX-0.10.7 - LyX is a WYSIWYG

6. Gnome 1.4 question...

7. Trouble printing with lyx - where to put lyx.sty??

8. blue moon or winfast tv 2000 or mach?

9. Lyx *is* the coolest : was: Oh dear, LyX isn't very good at all

10. dvips problem

11. dvips problem on slackware 3.1

12. dvips/cmmf Problem converting fonts

13. Font problem in dvips and latex