NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 24 April 2001: Marconi Forum on Internet Privacy

1. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 1 April 2003 Declan McCullagh's Politech CFP Gathering

  from="http://www.politechbot.com/events/cfp2003"
  edit-level="only some pictures, captions, and nameplates removed">

                             Declan McCullagh's
                                 Politech

  Politech CFP 2003 Evening Reception

     Announcing a Politech gathering during the Computers, Freedom and
     Privacy conference in April 2003 in New York City. All
     politechnicals and friends are invited. If you're not coming to the
     conference -- or didn't want to pay the $535 to $585 fee -- but
     happen to be in the area, join us anyway! (The reception is not
     affiliated with CFP.)

     The plan is to gather for drinks on Tuesday, April 1 at 7 pm at the
     Zanzibar restaurant and lounge at 645 9th Avenue (at 45th). That's
     one long block and 10 short blocks from the conference hotel, a 10
     to 15 minute walk. We'll have a private room and a cash bar.
     Zanzibar has agreed to discount beer and mixed drinks by $1.

     This gathering follows last year's extremely successful Politech
     dinner in San Francisco, which drew around 75 people. (See photos.)
     Before that, we've had Politech dinners in San Francisco in 1999
     and (with the help of John Gilmore) in 1998, and occasional
     gatherings in Washington, DC, such as a November 2001 informal talk
     by Ian Clarke.

     We're meeting for drinks instead of dinner this time to allow more
     opportunity for socializing with folks who aren't at your table.
     Zanzibar has a full menu, though, if you choose to stay for dinner
     -- and a terrific selection of appetizer platters if you don't.

  Summary

     Where: Zanzibar restaurant and lounge at 645 9th Avenue (at 45th).
     See Mapquest's directions if you need them.
     When: Tuesday, April 1, 2003 at 7 pm.

     If you're planning to come, please email me at declan at well.com
     with "CFP" in the Subject: line, so I can make sure Zanzibar
     reserves enough space to accomodate us. See you there!

     Declan McCullagh / March 21, 2003

Distributed poC TINC:

Corresponding Secretary LXNY
http://www.lxny.org

2. nslookup solution wanted

3. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 8 May 2001 Linux Society General Meeting: Ruth Shanen introduces GNU/Linux

4. Problems with CERN httpd

5. NYC LOCAL: CANCEL NOTICE: Tuesday 4 December 2001 LXNY Meeting is Cancelled

6. LILO dies

7. NYC LOCAL: CANCEL NOTICE: Tuesday 4 September 2001 LXNY Meeting is Cancelled

8. Rebranding ODT 3.0.0

9. NYC LOCAL: CANCEL NOTICE: Tuesday 2 October 2001 LXNY Meeting is Cancelled

10. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 12 June 2001 The Linux Society: John van Vlaanderen on RAID

11. NYC LOCAL: CANCEL NOTICE: Tuesday 6 November 2001 LXNY Meeting is Cancelled

12. NYC LOCAL: Thursday 26 April 2001 Columbia ACM Meeting: Bjarne Stroustrup on C++

13. NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 18 April 2001 NYLUG Meeting: David Sweet on KDE Development and Andamooka