Man Pages Problem

Post by Roy Kidd » Wed, 05 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I just installed Slackware '96' and everything seems to work great,
except the man pages. The kernel doesn't complain about missing files,
I just get "line ?/? (END)" in reverse video for output.

It almost looks like 'gtroff' and company are missing, but I verified
that they were installed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thansk in advance,
Roy Kidder

1. Man Pages problem

: fg: no job control
: apropos: manpath is null
: Error executing formatting or display command.
: System command exited with status 256.

This is a very well-known bug in certain Slackware distributions.
Either get the original man-1.4d distribution (say, from sunsite),
or have a look at the simple_fixes directory that zenon is
maintaining - you may well have a handful of other problems,
also caused by flaws in this same distribution.

2. Hard Drive C: to D: swap?

3. Yggdrasil man page problems

4. pmud sucking up all the CPU

5. Man Pages Problem