limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

Post by Chick » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 15:35:07

could i do that? thanks

limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

Post by Michael Heimin » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 18:37:52

wrote at Saturday 02 February 2002 07:35:

Quote:> could i do that? thanks

Mhhh, per virtual host, you could try RLimitCPU/RLimitMEM/RLimitNPROC.
However, you should be sure to understand what this switches do, or
better leave it as per default. Check the docs on apache.org,

Michael Heiming
PS: Curious, do you (and others) get money for writting as short as
possible?
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

Post by Chick » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 18:53:08

i just find out that there is a module called mod_simutaneous that may do
the job. however, i could not find any documentation of it. does anyone
knows?

fred

> wrote at Saturday 02 February 2002 07:35:

> > could i do that? thanks

> Mhhh, per virtual host, you could try RLimitCPU/RLimitMEM/RLimitNPROC.
> However, you should be sure to understand what this switches do, or
> better leave it as per default. Check the docs on apache.org,

> Michael Heiming
> PS: Curious, do you (and others) get money for writting as short as
> possible?
> --
> Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

Post by Michael Heimin » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:06:10

wrote at Saturday 02 February 2002 10:53:

Quote:> i just find out that there is a module called mod_simutaneous that
> may do the job. however, i could not find any documentation of it.
> does anyone knows?

This is rather old, made for apache 1.2, it's called
mod_simultaneous, wouldn't suggest using it...

Michael Heiming
PS: Please don't top post.

limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

Post by Chick » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:27:14

so is there any modules with similar functions?

> wrote at Saturday 02 February 2002 10:53:

> > i just find out that there is a module called mod_simutaneous that
> > may do the job. however, i could not find any documentation of it.
> > does anyone knows?

> This is rather old, made for apache 1.2, it's called
> mod_simultaneous, wouldn't suggest using it...

> Michael Heiming
> PS: Please don't top post.

limit the number of connection to apache per virtual host

Post by Michael Heimin » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 20:06:09

wrote at Saturday 02 February 2002 11:27:

Quote:> so is there any modules with similar functions?

Not that I'm aware of,  you could try RLimitCPU/RLimitMEM/RLimitNPROC
as I wrote in my first reply. However, why do you top-post again??

For proper ng usage, these URL should be helpfull:

http://tgos.org/newbie/index2.html
http://livinginternet.com/u/ua.htm

"ESR's Howto ask smart questions":

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. X inside and Linux

3. Limit connections per port per IP

4. HELP: kgdb remote debugging

5. Limit on virtual host number (withou logging)?

6. Q: anyone get a Mac 16" RGB monitor to work with Linux on a PC?

7. Apache: Limiting connections per domain

8. Problem with Mach64 card

9. Monitor Apache CPU / memory usage per virtual host?

10. Limiting number of connections for a virtual server

11. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

12. Apache: per IP address connection limit?

13. A way to limit connections to virtual hosts?