Missing software ... find what I'm missing

Missing software ... find what I'm missing

Post by Rutger Clae » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:18:33

I get this output when running ./configure
Which package do I miss...
I just installed gcc++ and all its depencies, isn't it working ?
I use RedHat 7.3 in a KDE env.

checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
--
Rutger Claes

LINUX, because rebooting is for adding new hardware

Post by davide_sp.. » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:32:46

> I get this output when running ./configure
> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no

It looks like your compiler can't compile. Try a little example
program and see what's missing.

Davide

Post by Dave Uhrin » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:46:47

>> I get this output when running ./configure
>> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no

> It looks like your compiler can't compile. Try a little example
> program and see what's missing.

Or use rpm:

rpm -qa | grep cc
rpm -qa | grep binutils

Missing software ... find what I'm missing

Post by Michael Lee Yoh » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:59:24

Quote:> I get this output when running ./configure Which package do I miss... I
> just installed gcc++ and all its depencies, isn't it working ? I use
> RedHat 7.3 in a KDE env.

What program are you attempting to compile?  Your application may be
configured to not allow you to compile with the GCC 2.96 that is provided
with Red Hat Linux 7.3.

--

QUIPd 1.03: (390 of 951)
-> At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from

Post by Markus Ko?man » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 02:20:55

> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking for c++... no
> checking for g++... no
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no

You didn't install the C++-part of gcc, but only the C-part. Install the
gcc-c++ and libstdc++(-devel) packages ( Names might differ slighly , I
don't have RedHat)

--

Missing software ... find what I'm missing

Post by Michael Lee Yoh » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 15:27:57

Quote:> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no -- Rutger Claes

This shouldn't say "gcc" - instead it should say "g++".  Force it by
doing the following (in bash):

export CXX=g++

Then re-run configure.  This is assuming that you have installed the GNU
C++ compiler and run-time.

--

QUIPd 1.03: (346 of 951)
-> Woman are meant to be loved, not to be understood.

Missing software ... find what I'm missing

Post by Michael Lee Yoh » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 02:11:32

Quote:> Looks like the c++ components of gcc are missing. Check, if you have cpp
> and libstdc++ installed..

"cpp" is the "C Pre-Processor".  "c++" is the actual compiler.

--

QUIPd 1.03: (845 of 951)
-> Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be,

Post by Rutger Clae » Wed, 07 Aug 2002 06:37:49

>> checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no -- Rutger Claes

> This shouldn't say "gcc" - instead it should say "g++".  Force it by
> doing the following (in bash):

> export CXX=g++

> Then re-run configure.  This is assuming that you have installed the GNU
> C++ compiler and run-time.

I've tried this, but the errors remain the same... I've listed my rpm's:

compat-libstdc++-6.2-2.9.0.16
libstdc++-devel-2.96-112
libstdc++-2.96-112

binutils-2.11.93.0.2-11

cpp-2.96-112

gcc-2.96-112
gcc-g77-2.96-112

timidity++-2.11.3-1
compat-libstdc++-6.2-2.9.0.16
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-15
libstdc++-devel-2.96-112
gtk+-1.2.10-15
libstdc++-2.96-112

The program I'm trying to compile is Everybuddy.

--
Rutger Claes

LINUX, because rebooting is for adding new hardware

1. Sun 'find' is missing '-maxdepth'!

The find program on Sun OS does not contain the -maxdepth option.  How
can I get the effect of -maxdepth 1 in a directory containing
subdirectories?  I want find to -exec a command on all of the files in
the directory, but NOT on the files contained in the subdirectories.
If I use -prune, nothing is done since the file I'm specifying is a
directory.  I've tried various combinations of -prune, -depth, and
-type to no avail.

/dira/dirb/file1
           file2
           file3
           file4
           dirc/
                file5
                file6
                file7

'find /dira/dirb -print -maxdepth 1' does what I want - prints file1
thru file4, but not file5 thru file7.

How can I do the same thing on the current version of Sun OS on a
Sparc 2?

Thanks for any help!!
Leo

2. shutle AK31 with 512 DDR / how much swap space?

3. Where can I find GNU 'line' code that is missing in Linux ?

4. 9 million signals

5. Q: Please help me find-out what stupid thing I'm missing (xinetd/rsh)

6. CD-ROM Jukebox ?

7. tsearch(3) missing... can't find it anywhere....

8. RH 6.2 module compile problem

9. libpng.so.3 - missing library file missing

10. Missing Librarys / sendmail is missing libgdbm.so.2

11. Missing '.' and '..' directories

12. Apache 2.0.18a - 'Make' error re 'apr' - *.lo missing?

13. 'cryptdir' relies on missing 'crypt' ?