SuSE 6.3 & lilo - kernel too big

Post by Achim Lind » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>The same 2.3.31 kernel that worked just fine under SuSE 6.2 last
>Friday won't work under SuSE 6.3 - I get the "kernel too big" error -
>it's only 497527 bytes!

Lilo was most likely compiled with the LARGE_EDBA option, resulting in
a maximum kernel size of 448 kbytes. Avoids some trouble with MP
systems and creates lots of traffic for the hotline. Nice
disimprovement ;).

Achim

1. SuSE 6.3 & lilo - kernel too big

I haven't tried the new kernel on SuSE 6.3 yet but what you say is weird since
the default kernel I have is 716916.

It's a pain because I have to modify the kernel so it will compile the hpfs support.
This has been broken several kernels away, I can't figure out how come no one has
noticed yet. Someone either yanked some stuff out or added new uncomplete stuff
without checking if it actually compiles.

--
Tann du plantage avec Ti-Mou?
C'est l'temps d'essayer Linux

2. linux destroying my computer??

3. SuSE 6.3 & rc.config & IPADDR

4. Problem with Slackware Kernel release 4 while booting

5. Q: SuSE 6.3: sendmail: outgoing OK & incoming fails

6. Thinkpad 380D sound settings?

7. SuSe 6.3 & Cable Modem

8. FreeBSD as router, slow!

9. TFTPD & UTFTPD under SuSE 6.3 won't write

10. Kernel compilling under SUSE 6.3

11. SuSE 6.3 & ghostscript

12. Suse 6.3 & PPP Help!!!!!!

13. NVIDIA kernel module unresolved references on SuSE 6.3