Problems running Makefile.PL on Linux

Post by Joel Fowle » Mon, 24 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Linux: Slackware 3.0 (Linux 1.2.13) including option for Perl5.001
Perl extensions: MsqlPerl (current) and DBI (current)

I have recently downloaded and attempted to install some perl
extensions. Specifically, MsqlPerl and DBI. The Makefile.PL step of
these installations fails with an error message indicating that it can't
locate the Perl5 libraries or source code.

The documentation for these extensions indicateds that Perl source is no
longer required beginning with Perl5.001. This suggests that Makefile.PL
isn't able to locate my Perl5 libraries. They are where the Slackware
3.0 install utility places them, specifically, in /usr/lib.

I'm beginning to suspect that Makefile.PL (MakeMaker.pl) expects them to
be in /usr/local/lib and doesn't see them when their in /usr/lib.

Since Linux and Perl are very popular, this should be a common problem.
Can anyone help me get around it?

Thanks in advance for your support.

1. mod_perl : undo perl Makefile.PL command line

Hi there, first I'm here...
So let's go with a mod_perl install problem.
I made a perl Makefile.PL and get a warning...
I decided to continue but cannot make a make or make test properly...
So is there a way to undo perl Makefile.PL,
further more I guess that I don't catch the right module
(Apache_ASP_mod_perl_guide-1.31).
Thank you all,
ism

2. MBR backup

3. Apache::ASP Makefile.PL

4. Argh!!! HELP!!! CDR problems!

5. Makefile problem: Do something only if process xxx is running

6. "RAID level 1 does not need chunksize!"

7. OpenBSD vs. FreeBSD?

8. stability of pl 11 vs pl 9 ?

9. Makefile problem: Do something only if process xxx is running

10. Two perl scripts, MakeBootDisk.pl and Rescue.pl I would like to develop

11. perl installed, cgi-lib.pl missing, How do i get cgi-lib.pl?

12. How to run a PERL program by typing just the name of the .pl file?