Postgres Development

Post by Chris Bitme » Thu, 19 May 1994 14:34:08

I Wrote to the Postgres developers at Berkeley because I was interested
if work was continuing on the database. The reply I received was that
it had pretty much ended with V4.2 except that "some crazy Linux developers"
had taken up work on it.

Is there a group of Linux developers working on Postgres?

Postgres Development

Post by Guy Thom » Sat, 21 May 1994 05:58:37

>I Wrote to the Postgres developers at Berkeley because I was interested
>if work was continuing on the database. The reply I received was that
>it had pretty much ended with V4.2 except that "some crazy Linux developers"
>had taken up work on it.

Is there any other type of Linux developer?

Quote:>Is there a group of Linux developers working on Postgres?

original port of Postgres to Linux.  There is a mailing list set up to

we seem to be waiting for 4.2 to leave beta.

--
Guy

1. Looking for Solaris based intranet development tool for dynamic database development

Is anyone aware of a commercial or free tool which provides one with the
rapid development benefits of the full Cold Fusion development suite
as is available today on Windows NT but for development and deployment on
SPARC Solaris?

I know that a portion of the Cold Fusion environment is available for
SPARC Solaris, however, the Cold Fusion developer inhouse with whom
I've been consulting has indicated that only the 'runtime environment', if you
will, is available for SPARC/Solaris, and that even it isn't "as good (sic)"
as it is on Windows NT.

Surely something comperable but with full development support for SPARC
Solaris is available.

I also understand that one can, with Java, Perl, C, Tcl, whatever, write with
CGIs all that Cold Fusion can do.  However, with limited resources for
development, any kind of additional 'power' that can be dedicated towards
more rapid development of HTML page generation merging SQL, minimal
programming languages, various programming language support, etc. may
be useful.
--

<*> O- <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> only planning.

2. Too many open files in system ?

3. Full GNU C development suite w/out SCO development system (Not)

4. please help

5. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

6. New bug (lock movsx) - F0 0F BF 2C 04

7. Full GNU C development suite w/out SCO development system

8. What backup drive should I buy?

9. postgres

10. Looking for a database system: Postgres?

11. Postgres installation

12. Postgres via Linux

13. JDBC with Postgres