two mice with linux?

Post by Giuseppe Milici » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:31:22

Hi everyone,

Is it actually possible to have to working mice with Linux?

I've got a laptop and I'd like to have both external mouse (serial) and
trackpoint (seen as a Ps/2 mouse) to work at the same time...

Normally I have /dev/mouse pointing to either of them.

Any ideas?

-- Giuseppe

two mice with linux?

Post by Dan Alle » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 02:29:42

Keep posting this problem, because I have interest in it as well.  When I
install Linux, it never recognizes my USB mouse on the install because I
have a touchpad.  Linux seems to assume that if there is one mouse, there
are no more.  Now, I realize that there is probably a solution for it,
but it is certainly the case that on an install it only looks for one
mouse.

Dan

> Hi everyone,

> Is it actually possible to have to working mice with Linux?

> I've got a laptop and I'd like to have both external mouse (serial) and
> trackpoint (seen as a Ps/2 mouse) to work at the same time...

> Normally I have /dev/mouse pointing to either of them.

> Any ideas?

> -- Giuseppe

1. Q: Two mouse pointers using two mice possible in X, possible?

I have both a PS/2 and a USB mouse connected to X and it's working fine.
But, as is standard, both move the same mouse pointer.
Is it possible to assign a separate mouse pointer to each, i.e. to have
a second independent pointer? I feel I would be able to work more
efficiently if I could have two mouse pointers on screen associated each
with their own mouse.

Thanks for any info!

2. rdump and rmt problem

3. Two separate mouse pointers for two mice on one display, possible?

4. Window XP & FreeBSD 4.4

5. How to setup two terminals, two keyboards, two mouses?

6. Trouble trying install Solaris 10 in a new HD

7. Determining whether USB mouse is plugged in ./ Using two mice

8. PATCH] (1/2) i386 discontigmem support against 2.4.20pre10: paddr_to_pfn

9. Mouse generating two mouse click events instead of one

10. Telling if USB mouse is plugged in / Using two mice

11. How to use the second mouse button with my adb-mouse ?

12. Set mouse acceleration in X? Two mice?

13. Mouse Systems two button mouse