$1.95 CDs - unstable version??????

Post by ino.. » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I obtained $1.95 CD and it seems that it is the unstable version of tha
t distribution?

Does these low priced CDs contain unstable version? I don't know if my
assumption is correct as I am a newbie and fiddling with Linux (never
went beyond installation :)  )

Please post your feedback. Thanks a bunch.

- Inon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

$1.95 CDs - unstable version??????

Post by Leonard Even » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I obtained $1.95 CD and it seems that it is the unstable version of tha
> t distribution?

> Does these low priced CDs contain unstable version? I don't know if my
> assumption is correct as I am a newbie and fiddling with Linux (never
> went beyond installation :)  )

> Please post your feedback. Thanks a bunch.

> - Inon

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

As far as RedHat distributions are concerned, I believe the
cheap CDs are exactly what you would get by downloading
the iso version of the distribution and burning your own
CD.   They shouldn't be beta or development versions of
the distribution.   But of course, any given CD, no matter
where you got it, may be defective.

$1.95 CDs - unstable version??????

Post by Bill Unr » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

]I obtained $1.95 CD and it seems that it is the unstable version of tha
]t distribution?

distribution of what? Which distribution?

]Does these low priced CDs contain unstable version? I don't know if my

No. They contain the same distro as any other.

Post by Robert Wiegan » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I obtained $1.95 CD and it seems that it is the unstable version of tha
> t distribution?

> Does these low priced CDs contain unstable version? I don't know if my
> assumption is correct as I am a newbie and fiddling with Linux (never
> went beyond installation :)  )

If you purchase an unstable version than that's what you get.
If you want the stable version then buy the stable version.

--
Regards,

$1.95 CDs - unstable version??????

Post by Bit Twist » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I believe you get the same CD.
For example I get the Redhat 6.1 86x install for ~$2 from cheapbytes.
I would get the same CD from redhat plus the extra cds with the other
shareware or/and what ever else is bundled with the install cd for
some more money with support thrown in.

--
The warrenty and liability expired as you read the message.
Practice safe computing. Backup the file before you change it.