PCMCIA Network card Question

Post by Liz Kimb » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

Tomorrow on my desk should arrive a PCMCIA 3C589 card.

Will this work with Linux on my NEC portable?? (if not I shall be upset), if
so, what network card options should I pick for my kernel compilation??

Has anyone else out there got it working??

I thought I had read something about 3c589 cards, so if I am * a dead
horse, could someone gently let me know!

Thanks

Liz

1. PCMCIA network card question

I just finished installing Redhat 7.0 for the 10th time. I can't get the
network card to work.

I go into STARTX, then run "control-panel" and select the Kernel Daemon
Configuration button and add an ethernet card. Which module should I select?
I have a 3COM PCMCIA 3CCFEM556B

Any help in form of ideas, directions or URL sites with this info will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

2. CVSup Mirror and outbound traffic

3. PCMCIA Grey Cell Network Card and PCMCIA Modem don't work together

4. freeswan and firewall

5. 3c589D pcmcia card - /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

6. Linux + Win98se workgroups

7. PCMCIA network card(DE660) installation question

8. Help: IP Alias and port forwarding

9. Some Questions on 3C589C PCMCIA Network Card

10. PCMCIA and Dell Latitude LX Network Card Question

11. Network install of RedHat 6.1 with a PCMCIA Network Card?

12. PCMCIA Network Card - Help! Network unreachable.

13. 1 PCMCIA card good, 2 PCMCIA cards bad