Apache Log File Analyser

Post by Pau » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 13:27:48

I am looking for a very simple log analysis program that can be run
under linux and compatible with apache. I used to use an old program
called Getstats, but the Y2K changeover nuked that program. Any
suggestions? Just so I am clear, I do not want to run an analyser
under windows. I want to be able to set up a cron job that once per
day rotates my log files and then processes them with all the results
I need. Thanks in advance

Apache Log File Analyser

Post by <k.. » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 21:03:15

> I am looking for a very simple log analysis program that can be run
> under linux and compatible with apache. I used to use an old program
> called Getstats, but the Y2K changeover nuked that program. Any
> suggestions? Just so I am clear, I do not want to run an analyser
> under windows. I want to be able to set up a cron job that once per
> day rotates my log files and then processes them with all the results
> I need. Thanks in advance

Webalizer will probably do what you need. It's not a "simple" program,
but is fairly easy to use and setup.