2D/3D CAD for Linux

Post by Leos Zaplatile » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

If you are looking for Mechanical CAD for Linux try www.varicad.com

New version VariCAD r. 7.0-1.6 et www.varicad.com/download.htm

lz

1. Porting 2D CAD from DOS to Linux

Hello,

I am planning to port a 2D CAD system (URL:
http://users.pandora.be/desi-iii), now freeware,  to a Linux environment,
but I have a few (a lot) of questions:

First of all: the program is written in MS-Fortran 5.1, which fortran should
I use ? -- don't ask me to convert to C, I have then two years work with the
conversion alone (360 modules) -- what do you think about Absoft, Salford or
Intel (I have tried gcc -> too much troubles with equivalence statements) ?.
If possible freeware, then DESI-III for Linux will be freeware, else if I
have to invest in a compiler, DESI-III will become shareware)

Second: Can I have direct access to video memory with VESA standard calls ?
I have a few assembler routines to convert: save and restore a part of the
screen, draw lines and draw pixel text in some variations. Where can I find
info ? Or can I find a decent free and fortran compatible library ?

Third: Can I read from the mouse via system calls, which buttons are
activated, how many steps did the mouse in X and Y since the last "mouse
call".

If all this can be solved, watch my site!

Thanks for your info and help.

Hugo

2. Uugetty problem

3. Need cad *.dxf (2d) to postscript (eps) converter

4. where is chsize ?

5. Free 3d-CAD program for Linux?

6. Is this machine ok to run linux?

7. 3D CAD for Linux? Help!

8. LILO, Multiple OSes, and EIDE and SCSI Hard Drives

9. 3d cad system port to linux

10. Linux & CAD/3D Browser

11. 3d Modeling/CAD program for Linux?

12. Any good 3D cad packages 4 linux/x?