Iomega support

Post by Pete » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hello, I have recently been given an Iomega Zipdrive, SCSI. I am wondering if
anyone knows whether or not Linux offers support for such a drive. I want to
install it on a Pentium 90Mhz, 32 Mb, 1Gb system with SCSI controller on the
motherboard. (Original intel). If anyone has a definitive answer, be it yes or
no, please post a reply or email me personally.

Thanks, Peter.

Faculty of Educational Science and Technology - Twente University of Technology
           PGP-Key: 3C 75 28 A3 9B 6C 33 E1  20 46 A3 46 DF 5E FC 94

Presently in Melbourne, Australia.                  A reply might take a while.

Iomega support

Post by H.D. Elbe » Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Hello, I have recently been given an Iomega Zipdrive, SCSI. I am wondering if

You're lucky, I had to buy it myself :-)

Quote:>anyone knows whether or not Linux offers support for such a drive. I want to
>install it on a Pentium 90Mhz, 32 Mb, 1Gb system with SCSI controller on the
>motherboard. (Original intel). If anyone has a definitive answer, be it yes or
>no, please post a reply or email me personally.

When I connected the drive to my SCSI controller and repowered my PC, the
kernel immediately detected the ZIPdrive. With the tools-disk in the drive
I could mount it as an MSdos file-system (mount -t msdos /dev/sda4 /zip).
After saving the tools-software I made it an ext2 filesystem
(mke2fs /dev/sda4) and it worked perfectly.
So for me it was just plug and play.

Henk.

Iomega support

Post by Rick Forriste » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> >Hello, I have recently been given an Iomega Zipdrive, SCSI. I am wondering if

> You're lucky, I had to buy it myself :-)

> >anyone knows whether or not Linux offers support for such a drive. I want to
> >install it on a Pentium 90Mhz, 32 Mb, 1Gb system with SCSI controller on the
> >motherboard. (Original intel). If anyone has a definitive answer, be it yes or
> >no, please post a reply or email me personally.

> When I connected the drive to my SCSI controller and repowered my PC, the
> kernel immediately detected the ZIPdrive. With the tools-disk in the drive
> I could mount it as an MSdos file-system (mount -t msdos /dev/sda4 /zip).
> After saving the tools-software I made it an ext2 filesystem
> (mke2fs /dev/sda4) and it worked perfectly.
> So for me it was just plug and play.

> Henk.

Matches my experience.  I use mine under both Win95 & Linux.  Simple &
easy.
| Rick Forrister               | Hobby: Collecting, Preserving &  |

Iomega support

Post by Wild Yet Restrain » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>> When I connected the drive to my SCSI controller and repowered my PC, the
>> kernel immediately detected the ZIPdrive. With the tools-disk in the drive
>> I could mount it as an MSdos file-system (mount -t msdos /dev/sda4 /zip).
>> After saving the tools-software I made it an ext2 filesystem
>> (mke2fs /dev/sda4) and it worked perfectly.
>> So for me it was just plug and play.

>Matches my experience.  I use mine under both Win95 & Linux.  Simple &
>easy.

Can we also expect the same ease of use for the Iomega JAZ drive?
Anybody try it?

                                                        Mitch

This is not a test.  Or is it?
Just a test of signature files.