Secure mail under Red Hat 6.2

Post by D & » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 07:37:55

Hi,

I am looking at moving my company from using sendmail under Red Hat 6.2 to
something more secure and that gives me some levels of spam control.

I have been trying out qmail, but am having trouble getting it to deliver
incoming mail - it seems to drop the body of the message and only shows me
the "From" and "To" fields in the header.  If someone has qmail working fine
under Red Hat 6.2, could you please give me some tips and at least let me
know what your /var/qmail/rc file looks like?

If any of you have some better ideas for me to give us better security and
spam control, I'd greatly appreciate the help.  Thanks!

   - Doug -

Secure mail under Red Hat 6.2

Post by Jeffrey J. Potof » Fri, 03 Nov 2000 13:14:31

> Hi,

> I am looking at moving my company from using sendmail under Red Hat 6.2 to
> something more secure and that gives me some levels of spam control.

Procmail will give you plenty of spam control.

Jeff

Secure mail under Red Hat 6.2

Post by friedhelm.mehn.. » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 01:58:20

: Hi,

: I am looking at moving my company from using sendmail under Red Hat 6.2 to
: something more secure and that gives me some levels of spam control.

Exim.

Regards,
Friedhelm

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer. Microsoft is the Question.
The answer is: "NO!"

Secure mail under Red Hat 6.2

Post by J Sloa » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 14:18:48

> Hi,

> I am looking at moving my company from using sendmail under Red Hat 6.2 to
> something more secure and that gives me some levels of spam control.

Sendmail provides all sorts of spam control -
and procmail, which ships with Red Hat, gives
even more possibilities for * spam control.

I dunno, we do a million messages a month, sendmail
works a treat for us - sorry to hear of your woes.

jjs

Secure mail under Red Hat 6.2

Post by David . » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > Hi,

> > I am looking at moving my company from using sendmail under Red Hat 6.2 to
> > something more secure and that gives me some levels of spam control.

You might check qmail

http://www.qmail.org/

ID # 123538
Completed more work units than: 98.779% of seti users.

Secure mail under Red Hat 6.2

Post by Matt Vandervee » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Check out Postfix (www.postfix.org).  It's got all of the features you're
looking for and is a drop-in replacement for Sendmail.  I used it at my
last job and we're getting ready to switch over to it at my current job
(so long M$ Exchange!).  I can't say enough good things about it.

Matt