xterms not updating utmp

Post by Steve Bro » Fri, 14 Jun 1996 04:00:00

My xterms/color_xterms are *not* updating the
utmp file (it looks like I am still logged in
after I have killed the window).  I have tried
(and failed) in recompiling both xterm and
color_xterm.  Some questions:  where is the
patch to the source or is there a handy pre-compiled
binary floating about?

I am fairly sure that the upgrade of libc broke
the xterms.

--
steve

1. xterms not updating utmp

Hello,

        xterm and color_xterm are suid root.  When using any shell, after
exiting X, w, finger and who show me still logged in.  Anyone know what I
need to do to fix it?

Thanks,

Kickin' it since 1.1.59  http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~bryanxms
/* Do not distribute this message across the Microsoft(tm) Network */

2. Installation Question

3. xterm not updating utmp on exit

4. What ? Oops 0002 error

5. Problem with 2.2.6, xterm failing to update utmp properly

6. HELP: Quick Question - Emacs

7. xterm doesn't update utmp when exiting

8. catching smurf attack...

9. ?? using sessreg and xterm +ut to update /etc/utmp

10. Xterms not cleaning up utmp properly / Telnet woes

11. Why does xterm not put in a utmp entry?

12. Xterm not finding /etc/utmp

13. XTerm login not recorded in utmp....