ppp-on and ppp-on-dialer scripts

Post by Cliff Pra » Sun, 02 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I start ppp with a ppp-on script (from Slackware). This scripts
"exec"s pppd, and uses the ppp-on-dialer script to invoke "chat"
again via an "exec".

Can anyone explain to me WHY it uses "exec"??

Thanks,

Cliff

1. Scripts for ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer, ppp-off

Help-

I apologize for the organization of this email.  I have read many of the
most straightforward and informative.  RCN is my ISP.  The WvDial script
works fine via gnome from one of  my other linux machines.  How do I get
this script to work using PPP.  I thought it would be easier if I provided
the site which provided the information for editing the necessary files and
scripts at the RCN site.  I hope I have not asked too much of you.  I need
the assistance of someone who really knows what they are doing.  I thought
connecting to my ISP would be a simple matter.

WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
Initializing modem.
Sending ATZ
ATZ
OK
Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0
OK
Sending: ATM0
ATM0
OK
Modem initialized.
Sending: ATDT 2128428111
Waiting for carrier.
ATDT 2128428111
CONNECT 115200
Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.

** Ascend TNT2.NYW.EROLS.NET Terminal Server **

Login: Looks like a login prompt.
Sending: 'myloginname'
'myloginname'
Password: Looks like a password prompt.
Sending: (password)

Basically, this is the script that works while using gnome to connect to my
ISP.

This is the script I was told to create in order to connect to my ISP using
PPP.

The site where this information is located is:
http://www.rcn./support/internet/linux/faq/general/the_files/the_file...

I am new to Linux, so I don't quite know what I am doing.  I have wondered
why the script which works for gnome does not work for pppd.

2. binhex

3. Ask ppp-on and ppp-on-dialer for ppp connection

4. A COMPUTER SECURITY SURVEY

5. ppp-on/ppp-on-dialer/ppp-off???

6. Jobs in Germantown, MD

7. How to 'WAIT' in ppp ppp-on-dialer script?

8. Detecting a broken socket

9. PPP - sh: /etc/ppp/ppp-on-dialer: Permission denied HELP!

10. ppp-on/ppp-on-dialer problems

11. help with ppp-on/ppp-on-dialer (RH 6.0)

12. Help with chat script (ppp-on-dialer)

13. Specifing "ready>" in ppp-on-dialer script