Redhat 7.2 - ipchains (i need an idiots access method)

Redhat 7.2 - ipchains (i need an idiots access method)

Post by Seth Barr » Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:22:36

After goofing around with xinetd and trying to figure out why i could see
incomming packets for my pop3 port but my server never responded - i figured
out it was cause my ipchains ruleset was in a twist (hehe i don't know the port
so i'm not going to talk!)

Does anyone know a simple method of administering the ipchains rules without
having to translate addresses to CIDR notation, dig up the rule syntax and add
the new or adjusted rule manually to the /etc/sysconfig/ipchains (which is not
recommended by the way)??

1. I'm confused with ipchains/iptables on Redhat 7.2

I have the server RH installed kernel version 2.4.7-10.
It appears to be using ipchains because when I do a lsmod ipchains appears in
the list.  But I thought iptables was the default for RH 7.2.

I'm using pmfirewall to configure the it and it allows the web and chat traffic
thru so I'm happy with it.
BUT now I want to do some port forwarding and am not having any success.
I need to forward port 2047 and 8888 one of my internal machines but I'm lost.

So if someone could tell me which direction  to go with this I'll follow up with
more specifics.

Thanks,
darwin

2. NFS and NetWare

3. ipchains on redhat 7.2

4. Service Mode Problems with 7043 Mod. 240

5. ipchains in RedHat 7.2

6. Bad disk?

7. How can I active and use IPCHAINS replace of IPTABLES in redhat 7.2 ?

8. Fax Broadcasting

9. How can I active and use ipchains replace of iptables in redhat 7.2?

10. No ipchains on Redhat 7.2 Alpha?

11. pptp/GRE with IPCHAINS & RedHat 7.2

12. pptp/GRE with IPCHAINS and RedHat 7.2.....Help

13. Problems with accessing a RedHat Linux 7.2 from outside