Informix runs on Linux !!!

Post by Christoph Adome » Sun, 10 Apr 1994 23:41:45

Crazy, i just installed the ibcs emulator on my linux machine, took
my SCO Versions of INET and SE, installed SCO's shared library
/shlib/libnsl_s (Yes I have an SCO license) typed "isql" and it really
works like a charm. I did not see that it is any slower than on SCO.
On Monday I will try Online ... .
Ciao
  Christoph
bigcomm-linux-box: free linux-files at first call. bbs login "guest" nuucp
login "nuucp" no password. Data: +49 211 3985258 request ~/filelist/allfiles.gz

Informix runs on Linux !!!

Post by Mark A. Dav » Tue, 12 Apr 1994 00:25:45

>Crazy, i just installed the ibcs emulator on my linux machine, took
>my SCO Versions of INET and SE, installed SCO's shared library
>/shlib/libnsl_s (Yes I have an SCO license)

Well, technically that is still illegal (I think), unless you uninstall it
on the machine from which you took it.... but I think that would be nit-picky
since you have a valid license.

Quote:> typed "isql" and it really
>works like a charm. I did not see that it is any slower than on SCO.

*****SUPER******!!!!  I have also been told that the SCO WordPerfect 5.1
for Unix runs OK, even under X!  And since WP uses static linking, one does
not even have to obtain the SCO shared libraries....

This is *REALLY* super.  Linux will really have much greater application
when it is able to run the countless SCO applications.  I am very e*d
about this.......  Bring on WINE and an improved MS-"DOS" emulator and
Linux will be able to be a free software running platform which will be
hard to beat!
  | Mark A. Davis    | Lake Taylor Hospital | Norfolk, VA (804)-461-5001x431 |

Informix runs on Linux !!!

Post by J.J. Paijma » Wed, 13 Apr 1994 18:24:58

>>Crazy, i just installed the ibcs emulator on my linux machine, took
>>my SCO Versions of INET and SE, installed SCO's shared library
>>/shlib/libnsl_s (Yes I have an SCO license)

Where do I obtain that ibcs-emulator and what do I need to install it?

Paai.

Informix runs on Linux !!!

Post by Chris Thomps » Fri, 15 Apr 1994 05:33:57

: >This is *REALLY* super.  Linux will really have much greater application
: >when it is able to run the countless SCO applications.  I am very e*d
: >about this.......  Bring on WINE and an improved MS-"DOS" emulator and
: >Linux will be able to be a free software running platform which will be
: >hard to beat!

The original to this never got to my newsserver in either c.d.informix or
c.o.l.misc, Is this April Fools leftover? Or will Informix really run on
Linux?

    Chris Thompson     | On the verge of indecision

Informix runs on Linux !!!

Post by David Wrig » Fri, 15 Apr 1994 21:56:38

  JJP> Where do I obtain that ibcs-emulator and what do I need to install it?

        I think it is now on sunsite, since the first public version was
released a few weeks ago...

                                                        Dave
 |        /\ /          | Prism Computer Applications        |  David Wright  |

 |      /____\          | Lakewood, OH 44107  USA            |  216-228-1400  |

Post by Mike Jagd » Sat, 16 Apr 1994 08:09:00

CT> The original to this never got to my newsserver in either
CT> c.d.informix or
CT> c.o.l.misc, Is this April Fools leftover? Or will Informix
CT> really run on Linux?

No joke. ISQL and Standard Engine run on Linux. I hear INET does too. You
need the iBCS emulator from tsx-11.mit.edu:pub/linux/ALPHA/ibcs2/ to do it.

                                Mike

Informix runs on Linux !!!

Post by Rob Newber » Wed, 13 Apr 1994 01:53:52

Quote:>This is *REALLY* super.  Linux will really have much greater application
>when it is able to run the countless SCO applications.  I am very e*d
>about this.......  Bring on WINE and an improved MS-"DOS" emulator and
>Linux will be able to be a free software running platform which will be
>hard to beat!

It really is great news.  But, do you think there's a chance someone will
help Apple port MAE, too ? :-)

Rob

1. Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?

Subject: Re: Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?
Date: 11 Mar 1996 18:22:54 GMT

Fair enough, but then you are basically creating a complete SCO
development setup on a FreeBSD box, which requires that you have a SCO
developement license in order to get all of the necessary libraries and
include files.  It's *much* easier just to install SCO on a separate
partition to do the development.

Plus all of the necessary include files and such.

Nate

--

Operations

of
work #: (406) 449-7662 | Montana.
home #: (406) 443-7063 | A fly pole and a 4x4 Chevy truck = Heaven on
Earth

2. bootX problem

3. InteGraphics IGA1680....

4. Informix SQL (SCO) Has anyone gotten it to run on linux?

5. Appletalk and Solaris

6. does informix run on linux ?

7. Compaq Prosignia

8. informix databases (dbaaccess)(Informix-SE)

9. migration from informix online 5.0 to informix dynamic server 7.31 base on aix

10. Advice wanted on server specs to run SCO and Informix

11. Will Informix SQL and SE version 4.10 for SCO run on OpenServer 5.0.5?

12. Help! Running Informix Online on SCO