Netscape 6.0 with SuSE 7.0?

Post by Morda » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 16:25:45

Hi all,
Has anyone tried Netscape 6.0 with SuSE 7.0 or any other flavor of *nix yet?
If so how was the setup and are there any problem or immediate bugs showing
their ugly heads?
Thanks,
Mordak

Netscape 6.0 with SuSE 7.0?

Post by muzh » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:42:27

I tried Netscape6 on Suse7 -- Slow as molasses, and prone to freezing.  I
then tried Mozilla M18 -- download size one third, and it runs fast and
without freezing, and with, as far as I can see, all the (?)functionality
of Netscape6.

randomly danced and produced

--
Never trust a man in a suit

cll

Netscape 6.0 with SuSE 7.0?

Post by Matt Hal » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:14:03

>I tried Netscape6 on Suse7 -- Slow as molasses, and prone to freezing.  I
>then tried Mozilla M18 -- download size one third, and it runs fast and
>without freezing, and with, as far as I can see, all the (?)functionality
>of Netscape6.

It's gets better when you download a nightly build.

1. Netscape 7.0 & SuSe 7.0

I am an intermediate linux user.

I have SuSe 7.0 Professional and have just received the new Netscape 7.0
CD-ROM.  It is supposed to install on linux.  It was tested on RedHat 6.2
and greater.

When I mount the CD, Open the Linux folder, and click on the install script
nothing happens.  It appears that I have the required packages installed (glibc,
etc.)

Any suggestions??

Paul

For Email remove the "Z"

2. mmap() and munmap() functions.

3. Solaris 7.0 and SuSE Linux 6.0

4. JavaScript Book Author Wanted

5. Using Netscape in Suse 7.0 Personal

6. USB Controller Gentoo 2005

7. Curious problem: Netscape, Postfix, SuSE 7.0

8. Moving linux to a bigger disk

9. Netscape 4.6 on Suse 6.0?

10. Newbie SuSE 6.0 kppp/pppd/netscape

11. Netscape and Acrobat3 (acroread) - SuSE 6.0

12. SuSE 7.0 geht => SuSE 7.1 jetzt nich mehr

13. Upgrading from S.u.S.E. 7.0 to Suse 8.0