Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

Post by smi.. » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 13:49:00

Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

I got a ATI Xpert 98 Video Card, NEC MultiSync XV17+ Screen and Redhat
7.0 and the best I could get this config to do is 640x480?

Can someone please tell me the best I could get this going and how

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Dave Bro » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 01:47:51

>Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

>I got a ATI Xpert 98 Video Card, NEC MultiSync XV17+ Screen and Redhat
>7.0 and the best I could get this config to do is 640x480?

>Can someone please tell me the best I could get this going and how

The ATI Xpert 98 card is supported by the Mach64 server.  I don't know
anything about the Monitor, but I'd be surprised if it's not listed in
Xconfigurator.  But you didn't say if that was the case.  It would also
be a good idea to mention what problems you were seeing at >640x480.

I have ATI Xpert98 running at 1024x768.  With a different monitor, of course.

--
Dave Brown  Austin, TX

Post by fred smit » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:14:12

: Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

: I got a ATI Xpert 98 Video Card, NEC MultiSync XV17+ Screen and Redhat
: 7.0 and the best I could get this config to do is 640x480?

I've got a PCI version of that card, runs great on RH 6.2 using the
MACH64 X server. Which server are you running? (Note I've not tried
it with 7.0, YMMV).

: Can someone please tell me the best I could get this going and how

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding
------------------------------- Isaiah 9:7 (niv) ------------------------------

Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

Post by smi.. » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:47:34

Can you please help me out.  I cant get it doing anything better then
800x600

> >Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0

> >I got a ATI Xpert 98 Video Card, NEC MultiSync XV17+ Screen and
Redhat
> >7.0 and the best I could get this config to do is 640x480?

> >Can someone please tell me the best I could get this going and how

> The ATI Xpert 98 card is supported by the Mach64 server.  I don't
know
> anything about the Monitor, but I'd be surprised if it's not listed
in
> Xconfigurator.  But you didn't say if that was the case.  It would
also
> be a good idea to mention what problems you were seeing at >640x480.

> I have ATI Xpert98 running at 1024x768.  With a different monitor, of
course.

> --
> Dave Brown  Austin, TX

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Dances With Cro » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:11:21

the Black Sun and said:

>Please Help me with XPERT 98 Video card and Redhat 7.0
>I got a ATI Xpert 98 Video Card, NEC MultiSync XV17+ Screen and Redhat
>7.0 and the best I could get this config to do is 640x480?
>Can you please help me out.  I cant get it doing anything better then
>800x600

Did you read the message I sent?  I know you must have, since you sent a
CC to me, which I most emphatically did *NOT* want.  Therefore, I ask
the same questions I asked on Usenet before.  Til you find the answers
to them, I doubt anyone will be able to help you.

Did you try running Xconfigurator as root, did you follow the directions
on the screen, and does it spit out any error messages when you try to
configure a resolution like 1024x768?  If you don't see your monitor in
the fancy list, don't worry about it, just pick one of the generic

fine.  Or go to the manufacturer's website, dig around a bit, find the
Hsync and Vsync ranges, and enter those in.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /  Workin' in a code mine, hittin' Ctrl-Alt
http://www.brainbench.com     /   Workin' in a code mine, whoops!