kppp question

Post by Count Dracu » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:38:23

With Red Hat 6.2, when I try to use kppp under
mwm from an xterm as a non-root user, I get
the errors

 Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
 kppp: cannot connect to X server :0.0

and my ISP connection fails. If I su to root at
another xterm window and go back to the non-root
xterm and use kppp I get no errors and the connection
succeeds.

The file /etc/pam.d/kppp looks like this

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_permit.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_xauth.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_permit.so

Does anybody know what could be wrong with this setup?

kppp question

Post by Name » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 19:17:34

Heres what I do to work around on this.  I open up a terminal, su to
root, and type "xhost +" (without the quotes of course).  Then kppp will
run as a regular user.

> With Red Hat 6.2, when I try to use kppp under mwm from an xterm as a
> non-root user, I get the errors

>  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not
>  authorized to connect to Server kppp: cannot connect to X server :0.0

> and my ISP connection fails. If I su to root at another xterm window and
> connection succeeds.

> The file /etc/pam.d/kppp looks like this

> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_permit.so auth       required
>    /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so session    optional
> /lib/security/pam_xauth.so account    required
> /lib/security/pam_permit.so

> Does anybody know what could be wrong with this setup?

> Thanks,

1. Kppp question

I just installed Red Hat 6.2 and have set KDE as my default desktop.
Kppp works fine running as root but when I try to run it as a user
it prompts for a root password.

I tried what the docs said, made a kppp.allow and tried a group as well.

Still only root can run kppp. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. When will linux support dma 66?

3. suse 7.3 kde 2.2.1 kppp question

4. C #Pragma for message output during compiles?

5. Newbie wvdial & kppp questions

6. Login users out when idle

7. telnet and also kppp questions

8. PCMCIA Ether - which should I buy ?