Which gettty does slackware 1.1.1 use?

Post by Denton Bobeld » Wed, 23 Mar 1994 05:13:24

I'm interested in trying to setup my modem so I can dial out and connect o
my school's modem, and then use term.

        I read the Serial-HOWTO and it said to first upgrade to getty_ps2.0.7b
I looked in my slakcware 1.1.1 distribution and in /usr/doc/getty_ps there
is a bunch of stuff on getty_ps 2.0.7b.  But there is no getty_ps in /usr/bin
or any other bin dir.  When I installed getty it said it was version 2.0.7b,
but now I'm confused.
        Also there are no files in /etc/default/ as the HOWTO mentions.
(i.e. gettty, gettty.ttySX)

        Any help from anybody that has done this already would be GREATLY
appreciated.

        -Thanks
                DJB

HI there,

In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)

1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?

2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
DOS?

3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :

Cabling (roughly)                               :20
                                                ----
Total                                           136

This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.

Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.

TTFN and TC, Michael Dales

-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard

2. need CONCH software (console concentrator)

3. Installing Slackware 2.0 from DOS partition

4. NIS: Connection reset by peer

5. slackware ZOO for DOS?

6. New Group to lighten Load

7. Slackware on MS DOS Partition?

8. Automated SysAdmin; Dot Files; HP-UX porting (ver: Jun 13, 2000)

9. Need help installing Slackware from Dos Hard Disk

10. Newbie to Slackware, Oldie to DOS.

12. slackware 3.5 on dos/win95 partition

13. Problem in Slackware doing "make config"