Netscape: browse the web off-line

Post by Dario Sestit » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Anyone knows how to set Netscape to browse the web off-line?
I did see the History tool, but when I select a page to wiew, most times
it refuses to load it, even if it is stored piece by piece in the cache
directory.
Is there a trick or whatever else to set this thing right?
Thanks.

Netscape: browse the web off-line

Post by Jayan » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

AFAIK, Netscape does not have the off-line browse feature in
linux (yet).

Jayan

> Anyone knows how to set Netscape to browse the web off-line?
> I did see the History tool, but when I select a page to wiew, most times
> it refuses to load it, even if it is stored piece by piece in the cache
> directory.
> Is there a trick or whatever else to set this thing right?
> Thanks.

Our master in Redmond,
Holy be your stocks, may your market grow..
Give us today our daily FUD. Forgive all our
sins, since you sin as much everyday.
           - Morning prayer of a WinUser(TM)

Post by John Thompso » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Anyone knows how to set Netscape to browse the web off-line?
> I did see the History tool, but when I select a page to wiew, most times
> it refuses to load it, even if it is stored piece by piece in the cache
> directory.
> Is there a trick or whatever else to set this thing right?

Use a caching server like squid and set it up as a proxy for
Netscape.

--

Post by Frank Ha » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>> Anyone knows how to set Netscape to browse the web off-line?
>> I did see the History tool, but when I select a page to wiew, most times
>> it refuses to load it, even if it is stored piece by piece in the cache
>> directory.
>> Is there a trick or whatever else to set this thing right?

>Use a caching server like squid and set it up as a proxy for
>Netscape.

Another program similiar to squid is wwwoffle.

It can be found here:

http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/

--
Frank Hahn

Today is National Existential Ennui Awareness Day.

1. Problem browsing documents while off-line

This should be a no-brainer.

While trying to read .html documents off-line, Netscape keeps trying
to contact all these sites that have embedded URL's (like double-click,
keywords.netscape.com, etc..) and does not let me see the documents
at all.

Any way to simply ask Netscape to browse in OFF-LINE mode?
Is there a little program that could do this. (used to be one for the
Mac and Netscape 1.1 a long time ago )

2. a Sed question

3. Konquerer - reading cached web pages off-line

4. Tape mounting package/program

5. Off-line mode in Netscape Collabra

6. FreeBSD 4.6/5.0 and 4-port Ethernet NICs?

7. Netscape 3.0 X Solaris 2.5 off-line

8. ppp setup troubles

9. On-line/Off-line long-term power backup

10. Interested in simple off-line news reading package for slow lines?

11. Cant get Netscape to browse the web

12. I need help building my web site off line.