wmppp/wmtime and afterstep's wharf

Post by Phil DeBecke » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> need help,
> after installing wmppp/wmtime as dockapplications, i've recognized, that
> wmppp/wmtime won't fit into the wharf's buttons.
> anybody knows a solution ?
> bye oli

The problem is that AS's wharf can't handle the 64x64 size of WindowMaker
applets (which is what wmtime and wmppp really are).  I switched from AS to
WindowMaker in part for that reason - I have to say that WM is a much nicer
window manager in any case, IMHO.

If you really want to stick with AfterStep, use ASModem instead of wmppp
and ASClock instead of wmtime.

Phil

1. AfterStep/multiple wharf's...

I'm having some problems getting afterstep to run
smoothly with two Wharf's.

My desire is to have one Wharf docked on the upper
right side and another Wharf docked on the lower
left...

The man page states that multiple Wharf's are
supported. I've followed the man page and created
a symlink to Wharf (Pier) and set the according
attributes (animation, geometry...).

My problem at this point in time is that 'Pier'
(symlink to Wharf) won't actually 'dock' at the
left side of the screen, in fact, additional
Wharf's in general refuse to dock, they still
have their handles and title bars intact...

Any help is appreciated.

j.

2. INFO from a Web Page without a browser?

3. AfterStep on SGI -- Wharf doesn't work

4. Upgrading 'arad' Drivers to 'alad' on Altos 7000 running Altos SCO Unix

5. Configuring Afterstep's wharf

6. AIC7xxx kernel driver; ATTN Mr. Justin T. Gibbs

7. RH5.1, Afterstep, Wharf, folders?

8. Micron TransPort Trek PCMCIA

9. AfterStep 1.4, Wharf, and No Icons

10. AfterStep Wharf Question

11. Stop hiding my AfterStep wharf!

12. AfterStep and asload Wharf module ...

13. "Wharf" and "Pager" in Afterstep