Dell Latitude XPi Laptop Help

Post by Tim Bas » Mon, 10 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Anyone installed slackware on a DELL Latitude XPi ?

I'm having trouble with the video driver and the bootdsks.

Thanks,
Tim

--
 Tim Bass, Senior Systems Engineer
 ValueRocket Labs

 http://www.valuerocket.com/

Dell Latitude XPi Laptop Help

Post by dav.. » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Anyone installed slackware on a DELL Latitude XPi ?

>I'm having trouble with the video driver and the bootdsks.

I have installed Redhat on this system.  There is a video problem yes.
You need to bounce between virtual screens which is a hassle until you
get Xwindows working.  email back to me if you want more info.  I did
battle with the XPi for quite awhile, but now have things working ok.

david

1. Linux on a Dell Latitude XPi P75D laptop

That's VERY interesting. I have a sort of converse problem with 1.2.8
on the same hardware. When I cold-boot my system the console display
is messed up. I blind-type my way into X or an SVGALIB application,
run that for 15 minutes or so and when I come out, I may have to do
setfont, but after that evrything is fine. When I soft boot from DOS,
reboot linux, or even power-on reset the system, when it is physically
warm, it runs perfectly.

For me this is no more than a nuisance, but I'd like to know what is causing it.

        Steve Linton

PS to run X you have to pretend that the video chip set is clgd5428, since the 7543 is not supported yet.

2. Galactibox Configuration

3. Dell Latitude XPi laptop

4. X redirectio

5. XF86config file for Dell Latitude XPi 120D Laptop

6. bash PATH weirdness

7. How to change time on built-in clock in Dell Latitude XPi laptop?

8. ? about zcat

9. Linux Installation under Dell Laptop Latitude XPI 135 without CD ROM

10. Linux on a Dell Latitude XPi P75D laptop

11. Freebsd on a Dell Latitude XPi 150 CD Laptop ??

12. Dell Laptop Latitude xpi

13. DELL Latitude XPi Laptop.. Can't install.