libc5 vs libc6 in a 386 with 4Mb RAM

Post by The Phoeni » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

   Hi! I'm planning to install a custom Linux in a 386 with 4Mb of RAM
and I'm wondering wich libc to use. At first I tought the later (libc6)
the better, but then I saw the Small Linux distribution ( a distribution

aimed for computers with small RAM memory) and it used libc5, I became
unsure if libc5 would be a better choice to use in computers with small
RAM memory. So I'm in need of some insight on wether to use libc5 or
libc6, in terms of what is best for RAM memory usage and also of
performance.
   Also, which kernel version is best to use in a 386 with 4 Mb RAM( on
what concerns RAM mem usage aswell)?

1. libc5 vs libc6 in a 386 with 4Mb RAM

    Hi! I'm planning to install a custom Linux in a 386 with 4Mb of RAM
and I'm wondering wich libc to use. At first I tought the later (libc6)
the better, but then I saw the Small Linux distribution ( a distribution

aimed for computers with small RAM memory) and it used libc5, I became
unsure if libc5 would be a better choice to use in computers with small
RAM memory. So I'm in need of some insight on wether to use libc5 or
libc6, in terms of what is best for RAM memory usage and also of
performance.
   Also, which kernel version is best to use in a 386 with 4 Mb RAM( on
what concerns RAM mem usage aswell)?

2. Some answers.. how I got linux and NT running

3. glibc vs. libc5 vs. libc6, which is which and what it the difference?

4. Opening PackagesI'm having difficulty opening python or any others through KDE. THe files are

5. Kernel for 4Mb RAM 386

6. Monitor Compatibility with X

7. 4mb Ram 386 router

8. Kernel 2.5.5-15 Rh6 ftape compile

9. Linux + 386, 4Mb RAM?

10. Linux on 386 with 25meg HD, 4mb RAM?

11. Will Linux install on Gateway2000 386/33, 4MB RAM, 1 GB HD?

12. RH5.0 VFS panic at install on a 386 4MB RAM

13. Linux on 386 w/ 4mb of RAM