Easy to Configure X-ISP (Dialup Networking)

Easy to Configure X-ISP (Dialup Networking)

Post by Anonymou » Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I came across this utility which surprised me when I found that  I did
not need to re-edit any configuration file or fix the permissions or
anything. I could not believe it worked from the first attempt.

you may find a copy of the X-ISP script at ftp://ftp.nilesat.com/pub

I thought I might put it up to share it with you all. Make sure that you
have the following installed before you attempt installing X-ISP:

1) ppp-2.2.x package

2) X11R6 must be installed (XFree86 version 3.1.2 or newer)

3) xforms library (You can dload copy from
http://bloch.phys.uwm.edu/xforms )

4) XPM library

Credit for X-ISP goes to Dimitrios Bouras. He mad sure that there is
extensive technical documentation with the utility. So enjoy.

I just fired up this new server so there is not much content on it yet.
Contribution in the future would be much appreciated.

I also left a copy of corel linux in the same folder. You must write it
on a CD Rom for it to install.

Regards

Micky

SPAM)

  --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
     Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
    -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------

Post by Achim Lind » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>I came across this utility which surprised me when I found that  I did
>not need to re-edit any configuration file or fix the permissions or
>anything. I could not believe it worked from the first attempt.

>you may find a copy of the X-ISP script at ftp://ftp.nilesat.com/pub

xisp is not a script, but certainly one of the best PPP dialers for
Unix. Homepage is at http://users.hol.gr/~dbouras/

Achim

Easy to Configure X-ISP (Dialup Networking)

Post by tcz.. » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

A small update on item 3: xforms home page
is now at http://world.std.com/~xforms

> I came across this utility which surprised me when I found that  I did
> not need to re-edit any configuration file or fix the permissions or
> anything. I could not believe it worked from the first attempt.

> you may find a copy of the X-ISP script at ftp://ftp.nilesat.com/pub

> I thought I might put it up to share it with you all. Make sure that
you
> have the following installed before you attempt installing X-ISP:

> 1) ppp-2.2.x package

> 2) X11R6 must be installed (XFree86 version 3.1.2 or newer)

> 3) xforms library (You can dload copy from
> http://bloch.phys.uwm.edu/xforms )

> 4) XPM library

> Credit for X-ISP goes to Dimitrios Bouras. He mad sure that there is
> extensive technical documentation with the utility. So enjoy.

> I just fired up this new server so there is not much content on it
yet.
> Contribution in the future would be much appreciated.

> I also left a copy of corel linux in the same folder. You must write
it
> on a CD Rom for it to install.

> Regards

> Micky

> SPAM)

>   --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
>      Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
>     -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. configuring dialup PPP to ISP

hye
i have redhat 7.0 with a self compiled kernel updated to 2.4
my modem is motorola sm56 which is the reason why i upgraded my kernel

now the problem is that the connection with my ISP break as soon as i
enter my login and password in the post dialup script??
i have tried usin wvdial and kppp
the new kernel has PPP support compiled in by myself(hopefully) as
dmesg gives me some lines about PPP deflate etc..

a transcript of the various logs is appended...
please suggest!!

kppp log file >

ATZ
OK
ATM1L3
OK
ATDT172306
CONNECT 38666/LAPM/V42BIS

Welcome to 3Com Total Control HiPer ARC (TM)
Networks That Go The Distance (TM)

login: wjrsbn
Password:

Jun 4 09:55:26 localhost pppd[733]:pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
Jun 4 09:55:26 localhost pppd[733]:ioctl(PPPIOCGFLAGS): Invalid
argument
Jun 4 09:55:26 localhost pppd[733]:tcsetattr: Invalid argument
Jun 4 09:55:26 localhost pppd[733]: Exit.

WVDIAL output >

--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
ATZ
OK
--> Sending: ATM1L3
ATM1L3
OK
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT 172306
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATDT 172306
CONNECT 38666/LAPM/V42BIS
--> Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
Returning not ok!!
--> Disconnecting at Tue Jun  4 09:54:11 2002

i shall be much thankful for you help .

vikram.

2. Upgrade Help

3. instructions for configuring TCP/IP for PPP dialup ISP?

4. Installing linux onto firewire drive

5. Automated Dialup to ISP and Rotating ISP Accounts

6. Apache WWW Book

7. ISP Newby Question Regarding: FreeBSD Dialin Internet Gateway/Windows '95 Dialup Networking

8. POP3 password authentication with RedHat 4.0

9. X-ISP v1.5: X11 visual I/F to pppd/chat: BUG-FIX release

10. ANNOUNCE: X-ISP v2.3p2: X11 visual interface to pppd/chat

11. X-ISP v2.3p6: X11 visual interface to pppd/chat

12. X-ISP: compile error in pcode.c

13. ANNOUNCE:X-ISP v1.6: X11 visual I/F to pppd/chat