ISDN lines and Linux

Post by Daniel Panca » Wed, 04 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Ok... Does anyone know if Linux now supports ISDN? If so, anyone have a
>rough estimate on how much such a line would cost for a business? Heck...
>While we are at it, how much for a ISDN modem and line?
>If Linux doesn't yet support ISDN, please disregard the other questions.
>No sense in wasting in finding out if my friend's box can't go up. :)

You need a ISDN box like the Ascent Pipeline 50.  The P50 has ethernet build in,
so the P50 looks just like another PC with a ethernet card.

The P50 is about $1300
Other solutions exist for about $500

SWB here in Houston cost $70 month with a $570 setup

Houston dialup ISDN cost from $60/month not including setup...

.... Bottom line......

approx setup = $1500

approx monthly = $150

Dan

Daniel Pancamo      (713)286-0399             InfoCom Networks (ISP)

19.95 Month PPP     http://www.infocom.net    Houston, Texas 77259-0343

ISDN lines and Linux

Post by Stefan Nehls » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Ok... Does anyone know if Linux now supports ISDN? If so, anyone have a
>rough estimate on how much such a line would cost for a business? Heck...
>While we are at it, how much for a ISDN modem and line?

check out http://www.ix.de/ix/linux/linux-isdn.html

cu,  Stefan
--

ISDN lines and Linux

Post by max.strobe » Sun, 08 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Ok... Does anyone know if Linux now supports ISDN? If so, anyone have a
>rough estimate on how much such a line would cost for a business? Heck...

There has been some writing about ISDN and Linux here in Germany.

Refs:   ftp.//ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/systems/linux/isdn/ftp.noris.de/
        ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/isdn4linux
        http://www.ix.de

I think this no load-and-go solution yet, apart from the differences in german
and american ISDN.

Max

Max

ISDN lines and Linux

Post by Eric Laizur » Sun, 08 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> Date: Sat, 07 Oct 95 19:03:29 0100

> Newgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
> Subject: Re: ISDN lines and Linux

> >Ok... Does anyone know if Linux now supports ISDN? If so, anyone have a
> >rough estimate on how much such a line would cost for a business? Heck...

> There has been some writing about ISDN and Linux here in Germany.

> Refs:      ftp.//ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/systems/linux/isdn/ftp.noris.de/
>    ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/isdn4linux
>    http://www.ix.de

> I think this no load-and-go solution yet, apart from the differences in german
> and american ISDN.

> Max

> Max

Thanks. :) That helps some more on researching... Hopefully, there isn't
that much of a difference and I can get his box up quickly.

-Eric

1. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

Hi

I am trying to configure a ppp server to connection two linux machines
together. Aim is to connect two lans and finally make it possible to connect
into the internet through one server.

The leased line (permanen telephone line) is working. I can connect both
machines via minicom, but i am not able to set up the ppp server. If read
the standard howto's and i haven't solved setting up server and client
probably, whether normal ppp-client is working for other accounts.

Any experiences, suggestions? Help would be real great.

thanks in advance for every help

Christian

2. IP masquerading and hung transfers

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Can ethernet be insmod'ed into linux and how?

5. ISDN-Card with 30 lines for linux ?

6. Cannot set System Time on Alphastation 200/233

7. Linux & ISDN Leased Lines

8. To duplicate the port-By satish

9. Linux gateway with a ISDN backup line

10. Linux and ISDN dedicated line

11. Multiple Line ISDN boards on Linux?

12. using Linux with ISA ISDN card or ISDN modem