Work started on Linux drivers for Aureal Vortex sound card

Work started on Linux drivers for Aureal Vortex sound card

Post by Dan Kege » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Looks like Linux drivers for cards based on Aureal's Vortex
chipset may be coming.  Here's what I was told:
- Dan

> Subject: RE: Linux support for Vortex cards?

> Our technical staff tell me that we have (just last week) sent the necessary
> information to a group who develops linux drivers.  (No schedule yet.)  We
> would be reluctant to provide our overall information to the general linux
> community as it would entail too much of our protected intellectual
> property.

1. Need help to make my Aureal Vortex Advantage sound card work under Linux

I'm a non-expert user of linux, and I've got a PCI Vortex
Advantage sound card. The problem is that I can't make it
work under Linux, neither as a Sound Blaster compatible
card. I couldn't find support in the Aureal site, and I
couldn't find any driver on the Web. Please help me to make
my own device driver, to find a site with it, or send me one
just made. I have real knowledges of hardware, so don't be
afraid about what you write. Thanks from now!!!(And sorry
about my English, I'm argentinian (latin)!!!)

Maximiliano Rinaldi

2. FTP and Security

3. Aureal Vortex Sound Card not working

4. X on Sharp 3070 laptop

5. Aureal Vortex Sound Card Working At Last!! Woohoo!

6. Hang at "FDC 0 is a post 1991 82077"

7. Aureal Vortex Sound Card

8. WEIRD OUT OF DISK SPACE error in RH50/51

9. sound: Aureal Vortex AU8820-based card: how to install?

10. DVD/CD and Aureal Vortex Sound Card

11. Aureal Vortex AU8830 sound card

12. Aureal vortex 2 (8830) driver for Linux

13. vortex driver from linux.aureal.com