Linux probe utility for IRQ/DMA

Post by James Denni » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Kind of a newbie type question here, I suppose, but I'm not overly familiar
with Linux.

I need to probe the existing devices in a system and see what IRQ, etc. the
devices are at.  Is there a Linux utility to do so?

Thanks

James A. (Jamie) Dennis

Linux probe utility for IRQ/DMA

Post by Joseph Whit » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Newbie myself, had the same problem yesterday.

Try this,  as root.
cd proc
ls -l         (to see what all is there)
cat  /proc/interrupts
cat  /proc/dma
cat  /proc/ioports

Hope that helps.

Joe

--

1. How to probe for sound card IRQ and DMA?

        Is it possible to have my program probe for the sound card's IRQ
and DMA under Linux *without* having a sound card driver loaded yet
(hell, is it possible to do with the sound card driver loaded?)?  The
purpose of this is too automatically call "insmod" to load the sound card
driver with the proper IRQ and DMA settings (the IRQ and DMA settings
compiled into the module would be just arbitrary settings).

        Thanks!

Arcadio Alivio Sincero, Jr.
Sophomore, Computer Science Major at the University of Maryland at College Park
Amateur competitive bodybuilder

"D.A.R.E. .... to keep cops off donuts."

2. Camtasia (screencam) like tool for Linux ?

3. probe devices IRQ, DMA, etc.

4. Can't boot 2.2.x on AXPPCI33

5. Is there a linux scsi probe utility?

6. Drsquare gets +5 comment

7. sony cdu33a/cdu31a IRQ+DMA linux-1.1.28 broken

8. nn newsreader for linux-- does it exist?

9. IDE DMA/IRQ problem with Linux 2.0.33

10. IRQ I/O UTILITIES before installing Linux???

11. LINUX utility to change IRQ on 3C509

12. 2.5.24 : drivers/scsi/eata_dma.c PCI DMA probe

13. sio10: configured irq 11 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0