upgrading kernal kills X?

Post by Pat » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi, i recently upgraded my kernel and when i restared (2.0.34) i 'startx'
and X takes like 2 min to finaly come up.  When it does come up, the screen
is in what looks to be a negative of the original (for instance the gray
background is pink, light is dark, dark is light, and buttons are
backwards... push is pop, pop is push etc etc,...)  I built the kernel
exactly as redhat describes in the manual and restarted.   Now whats realy
strange is that when i boot the old kernel (2.0.31 "linux-old" in lilo), X
works perfectly normal.  Whats the problem?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!  ThanX!

-PAT-

p.s.  got RH5.0 and using RH's version of afterstep as wm.