kde system events sound

Post by h8te » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

hey i got a problem , i cant use any sound for my sysetem events , all
other sound works fine , i can play cd and stuff , just cant have any sound
for the system stuff ie: log on , log off , any help? , my sound works fine
with gnome just not kde!

kde system events sound

Post by Patrici » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

>hey i got a problem , i cant use any sound for my sysetem events , all
>other sound works fine , i can play cd and stuff , just cant have any sound
>for the system stuff ie: log on , log off , any help? , my sound works fine
>with gnome just not kde!

>--

Hi
As root type
ln -s /etc/sysconfig/soundcard /etc/sysconfig/sound
--
Good Luck
Patricia

http://www.crosswinds.net/~beginnerslinux
Red Hat Linux release 6.0 (Hedwig)
Kernel 2.2.5-15
  6:50am  up  9:57,  2 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.31, 0.33
Tue May  9 06:50:43 CEST 2000

kde system events sound

Post by Dances With Cro » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 9 May 2000 06:50:22 +0200, Patricia

>>hey i got a problem , i cant use any sound for my sysetem events , all
>>other sound works fine , i can play cd and stuff , just cant have any sound
>As root type
>ln -s /etc/sysconfig/soundcard /etc/sysconfig/sound

... this only works with RedHat, and Linux Is Not Just RedHat.

For SuSE, you'd edit /usr/X11R6/bin/startkde and look for the
"startifaudio" function.  Sometimes, it's commented out--uncomment it and
restart KDE; everything should work.  HTH.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows              \###| You have me mixed up with more
There is no Darkness in Eternity         \##| creative ways of being stupid,