evolution: syncing contacts between machines

evolution: syncing contacts between machines

Post by Gerald Pollac » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:52:45

I've installed evolution 0.99 (very nice - highly recommended) on two
machines. How can I keep the contacts in synch between them? I've tried
transferring ~/evolution/local/Contacts/* from one machine to the other
(by making a tar archive on the 'donor', and untarring it on the
recipient), but the receiving machine doesn't recognize these. In fact,
if I empty everything from the Contacts directory, and then restart
evolution, all of the contacts reappear - suggesting that the information
is stored or duplicated elsewhere.
 Using my palm pilot as an intermediary (syncing with each of the
linux machines) works fine except for mail distribution lists,
which don't seem to be supported by the palm address book.

Thanks

1. Evolution with IMAP - getting Calendar and Contacts in proper format

I'm using Ximian Evolution to connect our Exchange 5.5 server, and all
comes over fine, even Public Folders.  The problem is that Calendar
and Contacts are coming over as standard message folders instead of
Calendar and Contact folders.  I've played with this and can't get
them into the proper format.

If I can get this working, then I can get rid of Outlook all together.
 We use Exchange 5.5, which from what I've seen Ximian isn't making a
connector for, so this is the only option I've got.

Thanks for any information regarding this.

Take care,

Sam

2. Dual boot and <tar>

3. can machines on an internal net contact machines on the external net

4. Tape backup across network

5. Palm sync issues with Evolution/Gnome?

6. Performance studies of IPCs

7. Sync Problem with Evolution and Palm

8. SMC EtherPower 10/100 and Netatalk not working

9. Cannot sync Clie to Evolution in Redhat 9

10. Sync Evolution category

11. "sync;sync" vs. "sync /important_only &"

12. What is the difference between evolution in RH8 and evolution from Ximian?

13. Evolution X-Evolution-Source tag