NEED MORE Swap space !!

Post by Rick Dearm » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

When I installed Linux, I made the mistake of only putting aside 4
megs on /dev/hda2 for swap space. Is there any utilitys that would
allow me to increase the size of this partion? Or failing that can I
create a file or directory to use as a swap???

Thanks in advance.

1. plenty of swap space, but keep receiving error "swap space limit exceeded"

Syslog reports
  unix: WARNING: /tmp: File system full, swap space limit exceeded

But

  Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
  swap                 2423720   48480 2375240     3%    /tmp

The host:
  SunOS <hostname> 5.7 Generic_106541-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

I ran vmstat 1 for some time and watched for available swap space to
go to zero. But the lowest it would go is 75kB.

When analyzing this problem, I ran into the following error twice, but
for different commands:
  Can't run command <command>
  fork(2) failed; no more memory

What's going on?

Thanks.

2. Tell Me About crt[x].o?

3. Try to mount a seocn SWAP space-- error" unable to find swap space signature"

4. S3 Linux driver

5. Is swap space in SCO only swap space or is it consider virtual memory

6. binary diff tool

7. Allocated swap space versus used swap space

8. DMA transfer vs. memcopy

9. Adding swap space using 'swap -a' command ?

10. Only 16MB swap space with 30 MB swap file ?

11. How to remove swap partition/swap space

12. Same space for OS/2 swap file/Linux swap partition?

13. Swap pager question ( out of swap space )