How to delete a file named -. ?

Post by Sharon Wan » Mon, 08 Apr 1996 05:00:00

you can try
    rm - -.
or
    rm '-.'
see manpage for rm.  rm behaves differently on diff oss.

sharon

How to delete a file named -. ?

Post by Donnie Barn » Mon, 08 Apr 1996 05:00:00

Quote:>you can try
>    rm - -.
>or
>    rm '-.'
>see manpage for rm.  rm behaves differently on diff oss.

rm ./-.

That will work...

--Donnie

--

*   Linux Expo96, April 13, 1996--see http://www.linux.ncsu.edu for info  *
*    See my web page for my personal list of items for sale in Cary, NC   *

1. Deleting many files at once with wilcard characters in the file names

I need a way to delete several thousand files in a directory that end
with the character *. "rm *.*" won't work for obvious reasons.  At the
moment I am using "rm -i a*" then "rm -i b*" etc., and answering yes to
each file that ends with the * character and no to the other fifty
thousand files.  Any suggestions for a more efficient way to do this
would be appreciated.

2. configurer RedHat 7.3

3. How do I delete files w/control char embedded in file name?

4. How to set up Modem under Redhat on my laptop?

5. Deleting file named "-file"

6. Installation problem with ssl 1.1.6

7. How to delete funny file(name)

8. Exit from within script?

9. delete file named -

10. How to delete file named -1

11. How to delete file with name "-g"

12. How to delete the file with name "-g" ?

13. unable to delete a file named -X