vacation program for linux?

Post by Ning Qi » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does someone know where to find the "vacation" program for linux that
does automatic email reply?

Thanks,

Ning

vacation program for linux?

Post by Ryan Tuck » Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 possessed to write:

Quote:>Does someone know where to find the "vacation" program for linux that
>does automatic email reply?

There's always vacation, but procmail can also do that.  Take a peek
at the procmailex(1) man page for that, and many other uses of
procmail.  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker <rtucker at ttgcitn.com>    http://www.ttgcitn.com/~rtucker/
UIN: 1976881  finger rtucker at ttgcitn.com for PGP pub key/contact info

Attention Usenet Shoppers:  Remove Satan from address to reply.

vacation program for linux?

Post by Jason Cliffor » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Does someone know where to find the "vacation" program for linux that
> does automatic email reply?

Go to ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux

You will find it there. Be warned however that I saw some security
warning about vacation on Linux recently and it may not be completely
trustworthy.

If the date on the file is greater than 1/6/97 it is probably ok.

Jason Clifford
Genesis Internet Services Limtied
--
As a service I provide analysis of viruses and poor grammar to senders
of unsolicited commercial e-mail at a rate of $500.00 per hour. Delivery

vacation program for linux?

Post by David Efflan » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>Hi,

>Does someone know where to find the "vacation" program for linux that
>does automatic email reply?

>Thanks,

>Ning

Not sure, but see 'man procmail' and related files and it will show
you how to roll your own auto response with cache, so it only responds
once to each address (and not to mail daemons).

David Efflandt/Elgin, IL USA

1. Vacation Program for Linux?

Can anyone refer me to something  which will respond to incoming mail
by telling the sender that the recipient is away?
  That is, is there a Linux equivalent of the vacation program?   I can
see that there are various powerful tools one could use for this
purpose, but I would like a ready made program or script rather than
trying to do it from scratch.

--

Department of Mathematics, Norwthwestern University
Evanston Illinois

2. Inexpensive PCI 3.3V SCSI card for SANE scanner?

3. Allman's Vacation program for Linux

4. About Pmon!

5. Vacation Program...

6. Parameter list in command

7. vacation program

8. Nagios and Sendmail

9. Vacation programs?

10. vacation program

11. "Vacation" program w/out log in shell?

12. HELP: HP-UX vacation program

13. vacation program broken for RH6.0?