Please help we are desparate!!

Post by Richard Hitchel » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have been trying to configure using linux 5.1 qmail with pop3 for
connecting pc clients.  But I have managed to*up the system somehow
and cannot work out what i have done / how to undo it!

1. on boot up the message 'SCIOCADDRT: Invalid argument' appears - what is
this and how do I fix it?

2. Slightly later on boot up the message 'loading keymap: unable to stat gid
control file 'gidq'' appears and then continuosly scrolls up the screen
until you switch to single user mode or kill 'supervise /var/lock/svc/qmail
qmail-start ./Mailbox splogger' process. I have taken the qmail startup out
of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - so how is it starting, where should I check?
what is keymap and why does it produce this fatal error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Richard

Please help we are desparate!!

Post by Anthony Campbe » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:05:41 -0000, Richard Hitchell

>I have been trying to configure using linux 5.1 qmail with pop3 for
>connecting pc clients.  But I have managed to*up the system somehow
>and cannot work out what i have done / how to undo it!

>1. on boot up the message 'SCIOCADDRT: Invalid argument' appears - what is
>this and how do I fix it?

I can do this one; at least in debian, you need to edit /etc/init.d/network
and comment out "route add -net 127.0.0.0".

Quote:>2. Slightly later on boot up the message 'loading keymap: unable to stat
>gid control file 'gidq'' appears and then continuosly scrolls up the
>screen until you switch to single user mode or kill 'supervise
>/var/lock/svc/qmail qmail-start ./Mailbox splogger' process. I have taken
>the qmail startup out of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - so how is it starting,
>where should I check? what is keymap and why does it produce this fatal
>error?

>Any help would be greatly appreciated

>Richard

Anthony

http://www.veryComputer.com/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)

1. Please help a desparate newbie set up RH4.2!

Hello all!

    I'm trying to set up Red Hat 4.2 on my Intel machine.  The problem
is that when it comes time to set up the hard disk partitions, my hard
drive is not on the list of hard disks to use.  All I see is
"dev/hdc/IOMEGA......"
    I don't want to install on my zip drive, but that's all I can see.
    Is there a command of the form "linux hd?=???" that I can use on
that first screen that pops up when I boot from the boot disk.  If my
thinking is totally wrong to this point, please correct me.
    One more thing, being a former Mac person converting to Windows, I
have no experience with MSDOS, "fdisk," "fips," and partitioning my hard
drive.  Can anyone explain how I can use DOS to partition my drive to
make work with LINUX.

Thank you,
Richard Bernardino

2. Soundblaster AWE64 with SuSE 5.3 - How to configure

3. Please help this desparate Newbie and I'll buy yer a beer or ten.

4. Configuring FVWM

5. i am new and have dumb questions to ask, please help!

6. printing problem

7. "Bus error" please help, I am going insane!

8. MS proxy server and Linux..Does Linux have something compatible?

9. PLEASE HELP: am stuck configing X for Diamond Stealth

10. I am dumb!! Please Help

11. I'am collecting international insults! Please help!

12. ftpd I am almost there please help!!

13. DESPARATE need help needed installing..