OpenLinux Standard: student to student

Post by Gerd Wittwe » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi
I'm looking for Caldera's Open Linux standard. I tried to buy this
product in Switzerland, but it's much more expensive than in the U.S..
Caldera corp. has written you get this product for about 190$. Do you
know where I get this product for this prize and if not possible can you
organize it for me? Do you know when it's possible to get products
directly from the distribution?
--

    SNOWBOARDING
    Riding the hills and feeling the freedom

Post by Christof Buerg » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hi
> I'm looking for Caldera's Open Linux standard. I tried to buy this
> product in Switzerland, but it's much more expensive than in the U.S..
> Caldera corp. has written you get this product for about 190$. Do you
> know where I get this product for this prize and if not possible can you
> organize it for me? Do you know when it's possible to get products
> directly from the distribution?

The only way to get it on this price is to order it directly by Caldera.

Anyway, since you're from Switzerland, too, I advice you to buy SuSE
instead. It's cheaper (about Fr. 100.--), preconfigured for running on
german terminals (handles the umlaut's correctly) and IMHO better
configured at all then Caldera.

--
|--------------------------------------------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------------------------

|--------------------------------------------------------------------
| Linux... and the beat goes on!
| Linux... und es geht weiter!
|--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Computers for students, by students.

We (The association for Computing Machinery, IIT chapter) are working to get
a computer for student use, to provide the students and student organizations
with a Bulletin Board System for announcements, discussion, and the like.

        One of the requests the Finance Board (the student "leaders" who make
financial decisions) has made before they will consider approval is that we
provide them with information from:

        "... other universities or groups outside of IIT who could advocate
the additon of such a system, or ideally, have made such an addtion themselves."

--
           Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

                         My Employer Disagrees.

2. Configuration of Apache - Jserv with DSO option

3. Looking for Linux CDs --- poor college student

4. Which GUI?

5. Student having a problem booting Linux Red Hat 7.0 Please Help

6. ISA future domain SCSI card driver?

7. FS:Solaris student guides

8. Bug in Maelstrom?

9. Help! HS student on CD-ROM Linux installation

10. Free OS for CS students

11. Student

12. Linux for students...

13. Student Price for the Applixware Office Suite