Help QuickCam Pro+SBLive on my RH8

Post by The GreatGul » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:03:03

Hi,
i've installed a red hat 8 on my PC without problems until i've added my
USB QuickCam Pro Logitech.
Without the cam all works well (my sound card goes well...) but, when i
plug the cam on my USB port....the only audio available come from the
usb-uhci.
I've tried to disable the microphone on the cam, but the video goes down
too.
I've tried to change modules.conf to fit my needs....nothing works.
Finally, i've tried to reconfigure the kde audio system, but no devices
are available....
I NEED A GREAT HELP FROM YOU, NET PEOPLE!!!!!

THANKS

The GreatGulp!
-------------------/\/\oo) was here....

1. Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 and SoundBlaster Live 1024 on Gentoo System

I am trying to run my Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 on my Gentoo system,
and the image part works perfectly, the problem is that appearantly the
soundcard in the camera is taking priority from my SoundBlaster Live
1024 soundcard which basically means that I only have access to my
input sound from my webcam and that I have no output.
This is pretty annoying as people would guess.
I have tried to search both the Usenet and Google Groups and have done
some general searches but I have not been able to find any answers to
my problem, I however found some old unanswered question on e.g. the
RedHat support site.

Any help would be appreciated.

-T-Hawk

2. PEL 1600 not working

3. Logitech Quickcam 3000 Pro sound card conflict

4. suppress 404 header?

5. "Quickcam 4000 pro" and "AC'97 82801EB audio" with Mandrake 10.0

6. S: lilo kernel install help

7. Logitech Quickcam 3000 pro -extracting raw frames

8. Linux BOOTP Documentation

9. Quickcam Pro USB support?

10. Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro on Linux.

11. Green screen with quickcam pro 3000?

12. Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 with kernel 2.4.19 (Mandrake 9.0) + amd

13. Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 and SuSE 7.2