NEC IDE CDR-260

Post by Dopey (Andy Wa » Fri, 27 May 1994 07:20:55

has there been a driver released for the
NEC CDR-260 IDE CDRom drive?
it's the CDROM drive that gateway gives with most of their systems.
thanks

1. mount NEC CDR-260 (IDE CD-ROM) drive

I install a CD-ROM of linux into my computer using CD-ROM drive.
My system is Gateway 2000 P5-60 with NEC CDR-260(IDE CD-ROM) drive.
After repartitioning my hard disk drive, I could boot linux O.S.
using the boot144. And then due to root14 I could login into the root accout.
As a root, I made and formated root, swap(82), /usr partitions.
Slackware was so straightforward that I followed the directions for
setup (addswap, source, target, disksets, install).
My problem was to decide the source of installation.
There was no option for my CD-ROM drive type,  NEC CDR-260(IDE CD-ROM) drive.
So I could not mount the CD-ROM drive on some directory of the filesystem.
Would please tell me how I can handle this problem?
Thank you very much.

- Doug

2. I'm a moron...

3. 2nd IDE Host/NEC CDR-260

4. Noisy Penguincomputing Workstation!

5. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

6. Memory

7. NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

8. 2nd CD for Redhat 4.1

9. NEC CDR-250 (not CDR-260!) Success Story

10. NEC CDR-260 Help needed...

11. Help! NEC CDR-260 CDROM not working

12. NEC CDR-260 -- CDROM

13. need old NEC CDR-260 driver