Mitsumi FX? CDROM

Post by sasi » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

After read the HOWTO's instructions and browsing through the Web, i
have questions about the device above (don't know the type exactly, max.
16X speed). Shipped with no Linux drivers, so i would know, how to
install it on a preinstalled (means installed on  another machine w/
internal CD, then it's hdd were set up to the new machine with external)
Debian kernel. If anyone has experiments about the howto, please share
it.

Thanks

Attila Sitkei

Mitsumi FX? CDROM

Post by walt moffe » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>After read the HOWTO's instructions and browsing through the Web, i
>have questions about the device above (don't know the type exactly, max.
>16X speed). Shipped with no Linux drivers, so i would know, how to
>install it on a preinstalled (means installed on  another machine w/
>internal CD, then it's hdd were set up to the new machine with external)
>Debian kernel. If anyone has experiments about the howto, please share
>it.

mine mitsumi is connected to an IDE connector and is seen as an ATAPI
cdrom.  so if your's is connected the same way should not be a problem.

Mitsumi FX? CDROM

Post by Fred Smi » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

: After read the HOWTO's instructions and browsing through the Web, i
: have questions about the device above (don't know the type exactly, max.
: 16X speed). Shipped with no Linux drivers, so i would know, how to
: install it on a preinstalled (means installed on  another machine w/
: internal CD, then it's hdd were set up to the new machine with external)
: Debian kernel. If anyone has experiments about the howto, please share
: it.

If it is an ATAPI IDE CDROM drive, just read the howtos and the documentation
on ide CDROM drives and on CD drives in the /usr/src/linux/Documentation
source tree. Should tell you all you need to know (that's how I got mine
working).

Fred
--

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

1. Help: MITSUMI FX-400 detected by kernel but rc.cdrom hangs

Hi !

I have the following config: Eide2300, Mitsumi Fx-400 connected to the
2nd IDE port as the only device (CD-ROM configured as Master). Compiled
1.3.34 with IDE-ADAPTI devices and ISO9660 support and NO Mitsumi
support (since this is supposed to be a true ADAPTI drive).

I finally get the kernel to recognize the CD-ROM on bootup but it hangs
on the rc.cdrom script. The script is from Slackware 2.3. The script
works successfully exactly once out of about 10 tries. Does anyone know
what the problem is ?

Thanks !

cheeky

2. HELP : sharing tape drive by 2 machines

3. Can't detect MITSUMI FX 600 CDROM

4. mod_rewrite + VirtualHost

5. ATAPI CDROM (mitsumi FX-400_2+vibra16)

6. "Block on freelist at 00000000 isn't free"

7. Can't mount MITSUMI FX-001 single-speed CDROM... why?

8. Multiple SSL Certificates

9. GW2K=> ATAPI Mitsumi FX 400D CDROM??

10. Mitsumi FX 600 Series Cdrom

11. Mitsumi FX-400 w/ Linux?

12. How can Linux support Mitsumi FX 300

13. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive