Netscape beta 5?

Post by To » Wed, 03 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I noticed that Netscape beta 5 for NT/95 is out.  Anyone know when we
can expect it for Linux/X?

Tom

Netscape beta 5?

Post by Markus Kossman » Wed, 03 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I noticed that Netscape beta 5 for NT/95 is out.  Anyone know when we
> can expect it for Linux/X?

> Tom

Its out ! This is written with it.

Netscape beta 5?

Post by Anthony R. -- aka Stupendous Ma » Wed, 03 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Since upgrading from 1.2.13 to various 1.3 kernels, and
now to 2.0, the 'file' command on core files is broken.

When it works, doing 'file core' gives you info about
which program dumped the core. Now, all i get is:

        core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file i386 (386 and up) Version 1

This doesn't tell me anything useful.

What upgrade do i need to fix this?

Thanks,

tony russo

Netscape beta 5?

Post by Emre Brook » Wed, 03 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: I noticed that Netscape beta 5 for NT/95 is out.  Anyone know when we
: can expect it for Linux/X?

: Tom

Hmm, should we get a clue?
how's this one 'lwpcook'?
too abstract? might as well give it away

perl
--

Netscape beta 5?

Post by Andrew Ker » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I noticed that Netscape beta 5 for NT/95 is out.  Anyone know when we
> can expect it for Linux/X?

> Tom

It is out, and has been for quite some time.
I am running it under 2.0.0, and x11r6.  It runs like a charm.  It is a little buggy, like when you open it it
shows a page an then it dissapears quickly when you click on something.  But it is quite nice, and I reccoment
it for every internet user under linux.  It is even good for no-experience people.  You just unzip it and type
netscape.  Cool.

-- Linux, the greatest OS in the entire world (except maybe OpenVMS) --

Netscape beta 5?

Post by Richard W Cros » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I'm running 3.0b5 on my box at home.  Did anyone notice a bug that if you
used the find option, all the text on the screen disappears?

: I noticed that Netscape beta 5 for NT/95 is out.  Anyone know when we
: can expect it for Linux/X?

: Tom

--
---
Richard W. Crosby

Netscape beta 5?

Post by Jerker Bjorkqvis » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I'm running 3.0b5 on my box at home.  Did anyone notice a bug that if you
> used the find option, all the text on the screen disappears?

Not only that, when doing a find on a large document, Netscape
begins eating memory, and in some seconds the system is almost
locked up.

I would have thought this was a known bug and that it would
be fixed in newer releases. Obviously not.

jerker

Netscape beta 5?

Post by To » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I got it.  Does anyone know what the key combination is to save an
in-line image with this beast?

Thanks on advance,
Tom

Netscape beta 5?

Post by S » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Right click on the image and choose Save As... option.

In order to do with keyboard(I don't know of any short cut but):
go to VIEW, select DOCUMENT SOURCE, find the URL which indicates the
location of the image, back to the web browser and type the URL into
the Go To:__________.  then you will see only the image on the browser.
go to File, choose Save As...

Hope this helps

Sang Kang

: I got it.  Does anyone know what the key combination is to save an
: in-line image with this beast?

: Thanks on advance,
: Tom

--
Sang Kang
--
Machine-Independent, adj.:
        Does not run on any existing machine.

1. Problem with Netscape beta 4 ???

i am not sure if the followign problem is related to netscape but I
have experienced it after installing netscape 2.0 beta 4
The different windows in the screen in X windows appear like to move
to right however the "real" windows must be on the place because when
I do click with the mouse where the window was before the menu list is
opened and not in the place where the menu is right now.

Any hint???

javi,

2. #9GXE64propci 4m and nokia 447x config Needed for XF86 3.1

3. Netscape beta + Linux = disaster

4. Bernoulli Box

5. Netscape Beta 6A dies...

6. Failed setting terminal ownership and mode

7. Atlas Netscape Beta

8. fvwm and X11R6 3.1.1 ?

9. Netscape 3.0x and RealPlayer 5.0 Beta 2

10. Getting Netscape Communicator Beta 2 to work....

11. Netscape 2.0 Beta

12. Netscape 2.0 beta 4 problem

13. Netscape 2.0 is Released (non-beta)