voice over internet

Post by tudo » Tue, 20 May 2003 19:39:31

there has to be sth like yahoo, to use voice over the internet, not only
chat. Can someone point me into the right direction?
Thanx.

voice over internet

Post by fernan » Tue, 20 May 2003 19:42:31

>there has to be sth like yahoo, to use voice over the internet, not only
>chat. Can someone point me into the right direction?
>Thanx.

gnomemeeting ?

--
--------------------------------------
These are my personal opinions

voice over internet

Post by Torsten Kaise » Tue, 20 May 2003 21:38:23

>>there has to be sth like yahoo, to use voice over the internet, not only
>>chat. Can someone point me into the right direction?
>>Thanx.

> gnomemeeting ?

TeamSpeak:
- available as server and client for Linux and Windows
- easy to install (designed for gamers to install it)
- up to 500 users simultaneously (theoretically of course)

If you ever used CB walkie talkies, this is the next generation.

I'm actually scouting ways for use this as a virtual meeting room over the
internet.

Download: http://www.teamspeak.org

HTH
Torsten Kaiser

voice over internet

Post by Frog » Tue, 20 May 2003 23:05:58

t> there has to be sth like yahoo, to use voice over the internet, not only
t> chat. Can someone point me into the right direction?

'Speak Freely' by John Walker (http://www.fourmilab.ch/) can do both
VOIP and chat.

1. Realtime "internet phone" like voice software for Linux PPP connection

I've racked my brains trying to find voice software for Linux, all
I can find is "ethernet phone" and I don't have an ethernet
connection.  All I have is a 14.4k dialup PPP account, and I'd like
to talk to people over the internet via some kind of voice
mechanism.

1) Full duplex is not necessary
2) Small delays are just fine as long as the receiving end gets the
messages undistorted.
3) It doesn't need to be compatible with Internet Phone for windows,
or any other software (it can be proprietary) although compatibility
with those programs (cooltalk, and IPH) would be nice.

4) I'm going to primarily be using this program for talking to
my friends around the net, all of which have Linux, so that is
why it can be proprietary.

Please email replies to me if possible as I can't get the
newsgroup very often.

Thanks a million!
--
Mike A. Harris        |
http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris

The Art Bell homepage: http://www.artbell.com

2. Bus Mice

3. How to control Voice Data for Internet

4. Acrobat Reader 5 and Netscape 4.x

5. voice over internet anyone?

6. @home and Linux server

7. mtalk voice over the internet

8. Updated X3DLabs server yet?

9. Trans-Internet Voice Communicator?

10. Internet Voice Chat for Linux/Win95?

11. Internet voice phone support for Linux?

12. live voice over the internet

13. Voice Modem Voice Mail Suggestion