Duplex printing option in /etc/printcap

Post by hugh » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 01:27:51

Hi,

I bought a new LexMark Printer (Optra T612) with the Duplexer option.
WIth
the duplexer unit installed, it gives two-sided printing all
the time.  Is there any way to disable it without deinstalling
the duplexer unit?  For example, there is a check box in the
Windows 98 driver. So we can set up two printers with that option
box checked differently.  What can we do within LInux?

Thank you.

Regards,

Hugh

1. Need help with HPDJ720, printing script file and /etc/printcap

Hello to all:

As a Slackware user with an HP Deskjet 722C printer, I discovered the
PPA files from httptech.com, which I placed into a script file for
printing.

I'd now like help in configuring an /etc/printcap entry for full printer
control utilizing the two-line script.

I've tried different variations, and may come up with an answer by the
time a posted response is received, but I'd still like to see what
people can offer.

Thanks.

Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Help! Pumpd has gone CRAZY!

3. Staircase Network Printing- /etc/printcap !!!

4. Help, how to protect myself??

5. Please help find a program to print on remote printer (not using /etc/printcap)

6. Tool for bug database maintenance

7. Help with Slackware 7, /etc/printcap, filters, and TCP/IP Printing

8. I Only Want One Desk - How?

9. HP Unix, Printing landscape, change fonts and duplex etc.

10. Converting /etc/printcap -> /etc/lp/*

11. HP 3si Lowertray & DUPLEX Printcap needed

12. Netscape plug-ins, helper files, Acrobat etc.

13. local & remote printcap option