Linux Sources

Post by Richard Stein » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

spake unto us, saying:

Quote:>SGkgZXZlcnlvbmUuDQoNCkkgYW0gYSBub3ZpY2Ugb2YgTGludXguDQpJIGtub3cgdGhhdCB0aGVy
>ZSBhcmUgc28gbWFueSBsaW51eCBzb3VyY2UgY29kZXMgZm9yIHZhcmlvdXMgYXBwbGljYXRpb25z

Hey!  Neat garbage.  Care to post that again in readable form?

(Hint: Base64-encoded messages on Usenet, such as the one you posted,
aren't particularly readable by lots of people here).

--

    OS/2 + Linux (Slackware+RedHat+SuSE) + FreeBSD + Solaris + BeOS +
    WinNT4 + Win95 + PC/GEOS + MacOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!

Linux Sources

Post by Kevi » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone.

I am a novice of Linux.
I know that there are so many linux source codes for various applications.
But I have no idea where they are.
Could you please tell me which site has the linux source codes for various
applications and device drivers.
Please help me.

Good Luck!

My e-mail Accounts are :

Linux Sources

Post by gus » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hi everyone.

> I am a novice of Linux.
> I know that there are so many linux source codes for various applications.
> But I have no idea where they are.
> Could you please tell me which site has the linux source codes for various
> applications and device drivers.
> Please help me.

> Good Luck!

> My e-mail Accounts are :

That's better ;-)

Try looking in /usr/src/linux/drivers ...

the complete kernel source (if installed) will be in
/usr/src/linux-<version>. If it is not there, then have a look on your
install cd, or on ftp.kernel.org or one of it's mirrors.

As for Linux applications, the source will ost often be available at the
same place as the application itself. Otherwise, the application will
mentions somewhere where the source can be found. That is a requirement
of the GPL scheme.

Cheers

gus

1. Linux source on linux.bkbits.net

        Hi,

I have noticed that there hasn't been any change to BK repository on
linux.bkbits.net of Linux 2.5 kernel source code in the last week. Is it a
deep code freeze :-), are there any problems with the repository, or is the
tree moved somewhere else?

There were usually at least 2-3 patches dayly before (on good days 30-40)
so it is very curious.

Thanks and bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole      No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer

2. Windows 98 using Linux DNS over a LAN

3. Linux source not in /usr/src/linux

4. 2.5.72{-mm2} and PCMCIA

5. Linux source code

6. Can't load library error after install and startx

7. Linux source

8. disk leakage on Unix

9. bzip (was: Re: Linux sources become TOO BIG !)

10. Q: where to get base linux source

11. Wireless NIC and Linux Source

12. NetMon For Linux Source Code, Where?

13. linux source, not freebsd's