PCI128 with S.u.S.E. 6.2 ...

PCI128 with S.u.S.E. 6.2 ...

Post by Real cool doo » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00



Hi,

I recently converted from Redhat to S.u.S.E. and to my chagrin I find
that S.u.S.E. haven't got a configuration tool for sound cards like
Redhat's excellent sndconfig (tried to install that, but I ran up
against several module dependencies which left me "dead in the water"
since I couldn't find the missing modules). OSS didn't help either since
my card is not in the list of supported hardware. Anyone here gotten the
PCI128 installed successfully under S.u.S.E. 6.2? In case you have,
pleeeaase tell meg how(!).

Tor Arne

--
Tor Arne Bratli
System Developer

 
 
 

PCI128 with S.u.S.E. 6.2 ...

Post by Alex Kaufma » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00


The best way (IMO) is to just recompile the kernel with the driver in it, I hate
modules.

> Hi,

> I recently converted from Redhat to S.u.S.E. and to my chagrin I find
> that S.u.S.E. haven't got a configuration tool for sound cards like
> Redhat's excellent sndconfig (tried to install that, but I ran up
> against several module dependencies which left me "dead in the water"
> since I couldn't find the missing modules). OSS didn't help either since
> my card is not in the list of supported hardware. Anyone here gotten the
> PCI128 installed successfully under S.u.S.E. 6.2? In case you have,
> pleeeaase tell meg how(!).

> Tor Arne

> --
> Tor Arne Bratli
> System Developer



 
 
 

PCI128 with S.u.S.E. 6.2 ...

Post by Tor Arne Bratl » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Ok, I'll try it out.

When I've recompiled and installed the new kernel, what's needed to
activate sound-support? (I'm not an "expert Linux-user" even though I'm
a programmer, as you may already have figured out...).

Thanks for your help!

Tor Arne :)

(if my identity comes out as "Real cool dood" again, that's simply coz
Netscape ignores the info that's in preferences and substitutes directly
with user info from Linux... Netscape just "chose" to spread this little
bit of self-delusion to the public :).


> The best way (IMO) is to just recompile the kernel with the driver in it, I hate
> modules.


> > Hi,

> > I recently converted from Redhat to S.u.S.E. and to my chagrin I find
> > that S.u.S.E. haven't got a configuration tool for sound cards like
> > Redhat's excellent sndconfig (tried to install that, but I ran up
> > against several module dependencies which left me "dead in the water"
> > since I couldn't find the missing modules). OSS didn't help either since
> > my card is not in the list of supported hardware. Anyone here gotten the
> > PCI128 installed successfully under S.u.S.E. 6.2? In case you have,
> > pleeeaase tell meg how(!).

> > Tor Arne

> > --
> > Tor Arne Bratli
> > System Developer


 
 
 

PCI128 with S.u.S.E. 6.2 ...

Post by Alex Kaufma » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00



> When I've recompiled and installed the new kernel, what's needed to
> activate sound-support? (I'm not an "expert Linux-user" even though I'm
> a programmer, as you may already have figured out...).

From what I remember the last time I compiled a kernel (about 2 weeks ago),
you do all the steps, ... make xconfig... go to the sound section,

[y] Sound support
[y] PCI128 (could be also called Ensoniq Audio or SoundBlaster 128)

I did the same for me, sound support+ESS1370 did the trick.

 
 
 

1. NFS-Problem from WinNT 4.0 to LINUX 6.2 (S.u.S.E.)

Hi there,
i've got a Problem with the Filetransfer from a WinNT4.0-Client to a
LINUX6.2-Server. On the WinNT-Client I use Maestro-NFS.
It takes to much time until I get a response that the File has be
copied or moved correctly; about 2 minutes for a 2MB-File!
The funniest case is, that the File already has arrived on the
LINUX-Server meanwhile the WinNT-Client still waits and waits ....!
An other connection works fine: e.g. from the same WinNT-Client to my
HP-UX10.20-Server and from the one to the other LINUX-Machine.
Thanks for helping me!
Ralf Schneider

2. Ann:HLA v1.33 is now available

3. S.u.S.E. 6.2 SSH

4. bootnet.img

5. S.U.S.E. 6.2 sound setup

6. S3 Virge 86C325 graphics card problems

7. DNS on SUSE 6.2 fails, on SUSE 5.3 works

8. Smallest memory allocation block?

9. Slow KDE with SuSE 6.2

10. SuSE 6.2 and Hard Disk Upgrade Mini How-To

11. Problem booting SuSE 6.2 on AMD Duron

12. gnome SuSE 6.2

13. IPCHAINS in Suse 6.2?