Matrox Millenium Support

Post by Mark Parr » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I've been out of this group for a while...
can anyone tell me whether Matrox MGA Millenium cards
are supported by the new Linux?

Regards,

Mark.

Matrox Millenium Support

Post by Benjamin I. Willia » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I've been out of this group for a while...
> can anyone tell me whether Matrox MGA Millenium cards
> are supported by the new Linux?

Yes, they are. Check out Xfree 3.2 at
http://www.xfree86.org

Quote:

> Regards,

> Mark.

Benjamin I. Williams | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Matrox Millenium Support

Post by Gary L. Hennig » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I've been out of this group for a while...
> can anyone tell me whether Matrox MGA Millenium cards
> are supported by the new Linux?

> Regards,

> Mark.

The new release of XFree86 (v3.2) has support for the
Millenium. Haven't tried it, but it's there.

Gary

Matrox Millenium Support

Post by j.. » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

|can anyone tell me whether Matrox MGA Millenium cards
|are supported by the new Linux?

Yes. The new XFree86 will support it. It's supposed to be out by now but I
don't know its status exactly. Since it's the first revision of the Matrox
driver I don't know what capability and how stable it will be.

I've been using MetroX (comes with RedHat for $50) and it's OK.

Or you can buy AccelX and the like (about $100).

      PGP fingerprint: 50 EA 8B 22 A0 59 60 D5  DD 4B 04 04 12 26 2E 16
  MicroSoft is not the answer.  MicroSoft is the question. The answer is NO.

1. Matrox Millenium supported?

I am building a new P120/PCI/Triton based system, and need to choose a
graphics card.  I'd like to get a Matrox Millenium 2MB, and my backup
choice is a Diamond Stealth ARK 2000 2MB DRAM.  I'm pretty certain the
Diamond card is supported by XFree, but can I run X on a Matrox
Millenium?

Many thanx in advance,
====================================

====================================

2. AMD k6-3 compatible main board

3. Matrox millenium supported ?

4. 'getservbyname' core dumps on second call (sol 2.3 /5.3)

5. Matrox Millenium support for Linux Slacware

6. BGP/4 Gated Help Needed

7. Matrox Millenium support for Linux Slackware

8. What is "whis".

9. Matrox Millenium support

10. Matrox Millenium -- supported now or soon?

11. Matrox Millenium support for Linux Slackware

12. Matrox Millenium support XFree86?

13. Matrox Millenium support