1. cmdtool -C, xconsole: redirection doesn't work
I'd like to ask you to help me solve the following problem:
H: SS1000 without screen/keyboard. VT100 attached via serial port.
S: Solaris 2.4
ioctl SRIOCSREDIR returned -1, attempt to make tty the console failed
However I can do: date > /dev/console and /dev/console is used by some
# fuser /dev/console
/dev/console: 12255o 17031o 15450o 29559o 25644o 25251o
5648o 28296o 28961o 640o 608o 7285o 16537o 24681o
365o 316o 312o 311o 254o 253o 252o 223o
218o 211o 162o 158o
truss xconsole shows:
982: stat("/dev/console", 0xDFFFFC20) = 0
982: getuid() = 0 
982: access("/dev/console", 6) = 0
982: pipe() = 4 
982: open("/dev/console", O_RDONLY) = 6
982: ioctl(6, 0x1C9E0001, 0x00000004) Err#22 EINVAL
I assume ioctl is from wscons redirection. wscons (7) states:
EINVAL (x86 only) fd does not denote /dev/console.
fd 6 obviously denotes /dev/console. Moreover this is SPARC, not x86.
What could I do to have xconsole working? Any help is appreciated.
2. Got Solaris (Both Sparc & Intel) - need C compiler - want GCC
3. XCONSOLE doesn't work??!!
4. Mystery install procedures
5. No Imake.tmpl file, xconsole doesn't work
6. Help - Simple Null Modem connection
7. xconsole doesn't work
8. What is TurboLinux?
9. xconsole / xterm -C doesn't work
10. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work
11. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore
12. : PLIP start up doesn't report problems but also doesn't work?
13. My xconsole doesn't do anything.