*.doc viewer?

Post by Jan Houtsm » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there something like a micro$oft.doc viewer for linux?
I receive lots of mails with .doc attachments and dont wanna
run staroffice or so because they are beasts!

I know that at work we have some commercial program that starts
whenever i click in netscapemail on .doc, excell and ppt files.

Thanks,
jan

*.doc viewer?

Post by Gerald Willman » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Is there something like a micro$oft.doc viewer for linux?
> I receive lots of mails with .doc attachments and dont wanna
> run staroffice or so because they are beasts!
> I know that at work we have some commercial program that starts
> whenever i click in netscapemail on .doc, excell and ppt files.

deja vue -> dejanews
                          Gerald

PS: try strings -n1 merde.doc | less  and tell your email friends that
they were wrong in assuming everyone uses the same crappy monopolyware.
--

*.doc viewer?

Post by Bob Tenne » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

 >Is there something like a micro$oft.doc viewer for linux?
 >I receive lots of mails with .doc attachments and dont wanna
 >run staroffice or so because they are beasts!

wv (formerly known as MsWordView) will often work.

Or try

http://wheel.compose.cs.cmu.edu:8001/cgi-bin/browse/objweb

Bob T.

*.doc viewer?

Post by Andreas Kahar » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> Is there something like a micro$oft.doc viewer for linux?
> I receive lots of mails with .doc attachments and dont wanna
> run staroffice or so because they are beasts!

> I know that at work we have some commercial program that starts
> whenever i click in netscapemail on .doc, excell and ppt files.

> Thanks,
> jan

strings stupid.doc | less

/A

--
# Andreas K?h?ri, <URL:http://hello.to/andkaha/>.
# All junk e-mail is reported to the

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

*.doc viewer?

Post by Chris Boy » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

: Hi,

: Is there something like a micro$oft.doc viewer for linux?
: I receive lots of mails with .doc attachments and dont wanna
: run staroffice or so because they are beasts!

: I know that at work we have some commercial program that starts
: whenever i click in netscapemail on .doc, excell and ppt files.

If you want to retain some of Word's "formatting", and have*and
Perl, have a go with Pavel Nygryn's WordToTex:

http://www.veryComputer.com/~nygryn/w2t/

--
Fruit flies like a banana